What do the Left and Right agree on?

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by JiveTheTurkey, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Be careful, it's easy to end up in a false ditchonomy there. Whilst horseshoe theory is somewhat true-ish in that both of the more extreme leaning mindsets edge towards authoritarianism and outright insanity, there's massive differences in peculiar for social issues and economic ones.

Truth be told, the scale of left vs right is a bit of a poor one anyways. The better option is an graph of authoritarianism vs libertarianism* on one axis and left vs right on the other.

*Although I'll also point out that there's plenty of issues with libertarianism.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Unfortunately, the_donald seems to embrace them.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd, Aug 22, 2019
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    While many would be left wing types of some of the modern strains are not opposed to a bit of censorship (something of a stark contrast to many older approaches and goals) I do have to note the traditional right wing censorship of various things that they don't agree with is still out there doing things. I think it was another thread around here that I mentioned using the American Family Association's 1 million moms project as a guide for things to watch and see, and we did have the amusing bit the other month where some people got it into their heads to get Netflix to cancel the latest Amazon-BBC series ( https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-...mens-amazon-promises-to-kill-stranger-things/ ), to say nothing of the latest go around on the matters of violence in games and films following the the latest demonstration of inability of some Americans to determine what is a firing range.

3. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Also, don't forget that movie that was cancelled because it made fun of Trump and he didn't like that. The name kinda shoots past me but there was a stink about it. Was by Sony I think?

4. IncredulousP

IncredulousP GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2012
    United States
    Everybody knows only dark chocolate twix matters, and if you don't agree then you're a dirty commie.

5. ClappyBird

ClappyBird Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    Antarctica
    They agree to hate each other instead of overthrowning their government who are the ones who want to divide the people to make civil war so they can bring laws to remove freedom whenever they want. They think the the government care about them, but they never learn.

6. IncredulousP

IncredulousP GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2012
    United States
    Nah one side definitely wants that more than the other.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted