• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What do the Left and Right agree on?

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get rid of politics section on GBAtemp. This should be a gaming centric site.
But it is in the current affairs / politics section. I think its a welcome break from all the Anime pictures of little girls that the freaks on here seem to have.

What do the left and right agree on? Not much.

We like smart devices.

However right-leaning people love any device. No blind devotion to anyone.

Lefty luvvies love Apple. Blind devotion... Then they found out old Jobsy was shafting them from beyond the grave with the "battery saving" feature :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

While at the same time protesting against big business and big corporations and capitalism. Moaning their little asses off supping a milky Latte in Starbucks.

Nope. Don`t agree on anything. The extreme left and right nutters are as bad as each other. Two sides of a very bad penny.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
But it is in the current affairs / politics section. I think its a welcome break from all the Anime pictures of little girls that the freaks on here seem to have.

We like smart devices.

Lefty luvvies love Apple. Blind devotion... Then they found out old Jobsy was shafting them from beyond the grave with the "battery saving" feature :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

While at the same time protesting against big business and big corporations and capitalism. Moaning their little asses off supping a milky Latte in Starbucks.

Nope. Don`t agree on anything. The extreme left and right nutters are as bad as each other. Two sides of a very bad penny.
I tried to stay away from politics but I keep getting sucked back in, lol.

Reactions: mattytrog

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know how people can watch these videos and still blame deregulation on conservatives and Bush administration when they were the ones pushing for it. Democratic Party are trying to rewrite history.
GWB and the Republicans were the ones in charge, the ones who made the decisions, regardless of what Barney Frank said or didn't say. Ultimately the most responsibility falls to the banks and financial institutions. Nobody told them to lend to people who couldn't afford loans, but that was always going to be the result if it wasn't specifically regulated against.

Lefty luvvies love Apple.
The fuck are you talking about? Phone choice has nothing to do with political affiliation. If anything I'd say more conservatives use Apple products as a status symbol, or just because they're old and tech illiterate.

Last edited by Xzi,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GWB and the Republicans were the ones in charge, the ones who made the decisions, regardless of what Barney Frank said or didn't say. Ultimately the most responsibility falls to the banks and financial institutions. Nobody told them to lend to people who couldn't afford loans, but that was always going to be the result if it wasn't specifically regulated against.

The fuck are you talking about? Phone choice has nothing to do with political affiliation. If anything I'd say more conservatives use Apple products as a status symbol, or just because they're old and tech illiterate.
I`m a conservative. I`m not (that) old and not tech illiterate. So pick those fucking bones out. ;)

Have a read of the Grauniad Guardian. Their endorsement of anything Apple is legendary.

But, I digress...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I`m a conservative. I`m not (that) old and not tech illiterate. So pick those fucking bones out. ;)

Have a read of the Grauniad Guardian. Their endorsement of anything Apple is legendary.
I wasn't referring to you specifically, but Republicans are quite a bit older on average.

The Guardian doesn't speak for Democrats as a whole, and (obviously) they're far from the only ones that advertise Apple products. Capitalists and capitalism in general love Apple. They wouldn't be in the surplus position they are now if it was only one party buying their goods.

Reactions: mattytrog

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

We like smart devices.

I just laughed at this. Genuinely makes no sense.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Taleweaver @Xzi

Just to show proof that i’m not making up that the Bush Administration was pushing for regulation. Barnie Frank was against Bush administrations regulation and was pushing to lower lending standards. Bush administration was pushing Congress hard to regulate Fannie and Freddie and called it a systemic risk. It sounds counter intuitive, regulating government regulators that were forcing more home ownership.

And here after the crisis Barnie Frank is blaming conservatives for pushing more homeownership on people, completely avoiding his role is the housing crisis. He’s a flat out liar.

I don’t know how people can watch these videos and still blame deregulation on conservatives and Bush administration when they were the ones pushing for it. Democratic Party are trying to rewrite history.

And if you don’t like that it’s Fox just because it’s fox, c-span also has footage you can find. I don’t trust politicians either democrats or conservatives because they both lie.

I think we can chalk up "Fox news" as something left and right cannot agree on.

The right think it's an objective media source.
The left (as well as pretty much anyone outside US borders) think it's a conservative propaganda machine that doesn't hesitate to bend the truth or flat out lie if it helps their political side.

Who is this guy, anyway? Going by wikipedia, he was one of the 100+ democrats in the house of representatives during the crisis. If that's your "proof" that democrats as a party pushed deregulation, then it's pretty meager as evidence.

Last edited by Taleweaver,
Reactions: Xzi

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got another one! I like to believe the left and right of the US stands with Hong Kong against the authoritarian CCP. Also, that Saudi Arabia and China being on the UN Human Right's council makes a mockery of it.

D

Deleted User

Updated title: What do the Left, Center, Right agree on?
Nowadays things are getting more and more separated with politics but I can assure you there are more peace loving people than we see. I want to make light of the issue and ask, What do we agree on?
Please don't harass people with opposite views. I want to discuss not fight. For myself, I want to say we agree on ALCOHOL! 21 should stay as the age to buy/consume! :grog: Lord knows what would happen without it.:toot: <3

Foreign intervention & Proxy wars basically, at least as far as DC Politicians of both sides go at least.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do we have to go back to "Raider" after November 1st?
Hey! There was to be NO further negotiation after agreeing that there was to be no further negotiating!

Luckily, paragraph five section 23b stipulates the fair use of chocolate bars owned by Mars(c), thereby decreeing that Twix can retain its name both in, outside and even on top of the border between the UK and the EU.

I'm afraid I can't find sections on which one tastes best, though.

;)

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, this highly depends on what specific definition of left and right you're talking about.

If I'll talk about my country, admittedly this tends to not be very difficult, since our government is basically designed on the idea of compromise rather than winner takes all.

For example, the fact that a child rapist was released on accident due to severe miscommunications is something that pretty much got nonpartisan questions of "what the fuck", with the only notable difference being that the fascists party's second in command got a little into his own rape-fantasy during the discussion, which caused a minor spat (the fascists party defended the rather appalling behavior from this politician, everyone else told them to eat shit).

If we talk about the US... much more difficult, but let's just stick with stuff that gets bipartisan support, and again, for stuff that isn't Israel, I had to dig a little bit. Both republicans and democrats apparently oppose the Trump administrations efforts to eliminate the IMLS (Institute of Museum and Library Services), so I suppose that counts.

On broader concepts, you'll find that both the left and the right in their simplest forms put the desire to be free to do what you want at the forefront. The biggest difference is of course the methods in which this is approached. (The left wants to do this by making everyone equal through government support, the right wants to do this by deregulating as much as possible and just letting the economy sort it out.)

If you go to the extremer ends of the spectrum, you end up in the realm of authoritarianism, which to say the least, no matter what side you look, that's not something you'd want to have happen, and the characteristics of those kinds of governments tend to conceptually be similar, although in execution, I'll freely say that the extreme right end of this all scares me much more than a possible left wing authoritarian government (and to be clear: I oppose both of those styles of governments, it's just a comparison on which turd is shinier.)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Left and Right.. sounds like which sport team do you support.

I don't align with either but both sides tend to have good ideas sometimes although because of the sides thing, they won't admit it.

Conservatives don't conserve anything and occasionally label someone "Leftist" when they don't like what he/she is saying. Liberals don't like what someone says so censor him/her.

They're more alike than they realize.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Delerious
D

Deleted User

Actually giving a serious answer now: Speaking as a Conservative (Libertarian in particular) we both agree that Incel ideology is a plague

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi