What do the Left and Right agree on?

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by JiveTheTurkey, Oct 21, 2018.

1. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2013
    Money is power...

2. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    But it is in the current affairs / politics section. I think its a welcome break from all the Anime pictures of little girls that the freaks on here seem to have.

What do the left and right agree on? Not much.

We like smart devices.

However right-leaning people love any device. No blind devotion to anyone.

Lefty luvvies love Apple. Blind devotion... Then they found out old Jobsy was shafting them from beyond the grave with the "battery saving" feature :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

While at the same time protesting against big business and big corporations and capitalism. Moaning their little asses off supping a milky Latte in Starbucks.

Nope. Don`t agree on anything. The extreme left and right nutters are as bad as each other. Two sides of a very bad penny.

3. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Feb 17, 2017
    Comoros
    I tried to stay away from politics but I keep getting sucked back in, lol.

mattytrog likes this.
  4. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    GWB and the Republicans were the ones in charge, the ones who made the decisions, regardless of what Barney Frank said or didn't say. Ultimately the most responsibility falls to the banks and financial institutions. Nobody told them to lend to people who couldn't afford loans, but that was always going to be the result if it wasn't specifically regulated against.

The fuck are you talking about? Phone choice has nothing to do with political affiliation. If anything I'd say more conservatives use Apple products as a status symbol, or just because they're old and tech illiterate.

Last edited by Xzi, Nov 11, 2018
  5. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I`m a conservative. I`m not (that) old and not tech illiterate. So pick those fucking bones out. ;)

Have a read of the Grauniad Guardian. Their endorsement of anything Apple is legendary.

But, I digress...

6. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I wasn't referring to you specifically, but Republicans are quite a bit older on average.

The Guardian doesn't speak for Democrats as a whole, and (obviously) they're far from the only ones that advertise Apple products. Capitalists and capitalism in general love Apple. They wouldn't be in the surplus position they are now if it was only one party buying their goods.

mattytrog likes this.
  7. emigre

emigre An electric type pokemons

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    I just laughed at this. Genuinely makes no sense.

WiiU, KingVamp and Xzi like this.
  8. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    They all agree that twix is fucking awesome.

CallmeBerto and IncredulousP like this.
  9. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I think we can chalk up "Fox news" as something left and right cannot agree on.

The right think it's an objective media source.
    The left (as well as pretty much anyone outside US borders) think it's a conservative propaganda machine that doesn't hesitate to bend the truth or flat out lie if it helps their political side.

Who is this guy, anyway? Going by wikipedia, he was one of the 100+ democrats in the house of representatives during the crisis. If that's your "proof" that democrats as a party pushed deregulation, then it's pretty meager as evidence.

Last edited by Taleweaver, Nov 12, 2018
    Xzi likes this.
  10. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Xzi, JiveTheTurkey and KingVamp like this.
  11. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I got another one! I like to believe the left and right of the US stands with Hong Kong against the authoritarian CCP. Also, that Saudi Arabia and China being on the UN Human Right's council makes a mockery of it.

12. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Both political left and right agree that Trump wanting to buy Iceland was a joke. :creep:

CallmeBerto likes this.
  13. LonelyPhantom

LonelyPhantom Acceleration Prophet

Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    Encarta Mind Maze (Circa 1995).
    Foreign intervention & Proxy wars basically, at least as far as DC Politicians of both sides go at least.

14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Global Moderator
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Well, yes, but which one, the left or the right Twix?

15. supersonicwaffle

supersonicwaffle GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2018
    Germany
    Do we have to go back to "Raider" after November 1st?

16. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Hey! There was to be NO further negotiation after agreeing that there was to be no further negotiating!

Luckily, paragraph five section 23b stipulates the fair use of chocolate bars owned by Mars(c), thereby decreeing that Twix can retain its name both in, outside and even on top of the border between the UK and the EU.

I'm afraid I can't find sections on which one tastes best, though.

;)

17. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Well, this highly depends on what specific definition of left and right you're talking about.

If I'll talk about my country, admittedly this tends to not be very difficult, since our government is basically designed on the idea of compromise rather than winner takes all.

For example, the fact that a child rapist was released on accident due to severe miscommunications is something that pretty much got nonpartisan questions of "what the fuck", with the only notable difference being that the fascists party's second in command got a little into his own rape-fantasy during the discussion, which caused a minor spat (the fascists party defended the rather appalling behavior from this politician, everyone else told them to eat shit).

If we talk about the US... much more difficult, but let's just stick with stuff that gets bipartisan support, and again, for stuff that isn't Israel, I had to dig a little bit. Both republicans and democrats apparently oppose the Trump administrations efforts to eliminate the IMLS (Institute of Museum and Library Services), so I suppose that counts.

On broader concepts, you'll find that both the left and the right in their simplest forms put the desire to be free to do what you want at the forefront. The biggest difference is of course the methods in which this is approached. (The left wants to do this by making everyone equal through government support, the right wants to do this by deregulating as much as possible and just letting the economy sort it out.)

If you go to the extremer ends of the spectrum, you end up in the realm of authoritarianism, which to say the least, no matter what side you look, that's not something you'd want to have happen, and the characteristics of those kinds of governments tend to conceptually be similar, although in execution, I'll freely say that the extreme right end of this all scares me much more than a possible left wing authoritarian government (and to be clear: I oppose both of those styles of governments, it's just a comparison on which turd is shinier.)

18. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    The up and down twix

19. Left and Right.. sounds like which sport team do you support.

I don't align with either but both sides tend to have good ideas sometimes although because of the sides thing, they won't admit it.

Conservatives don't conserve anything and occasionally label someone "Leftist" when they don't like what he/she is saying. Liberals don't like what someone says so censor him/her.

They're more alike than they realize.

Last edited Aug 22, 2019
    Delerious likes this.
  20. LonelyPhantom

LonelyPhantom Acceleration Prophet

Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    Encarta Mind Maze (Circa 1995).
    Actually giving a serious answer now: Speaking as a Conservative (Libertarian in particular) we both agree that Incel ideology is a plague