What do i need?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by 1337Nemo, Jun 6, 2007.

Jun 6, 2007

What do i need? by 1337Nemo at 3:31 PM (1,062 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. 1337Nemo
    OP

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Hi Guys!

I am looking to "mod" my DS for a long time now and searched through wikis and stuff and finally just have some last questens.

What exactly do i need to play roms?
    I know i can use a PassMe2 or NoPass to get a new Firmware on the ds (goes in slot 1?) and i need a gba -> sd adapter so i can put games on the sd card.

So, do i really need a passme? Its just flashing the fimware and i will never use it again?

Can i put more than one game on a sd -> gba adapter? Whats the cheapest one, which is a good choice? (i realy want a sd->gba adapter since i have enough sd cards and dont want to get any new cards...)

Thanks in adv guys!

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    You can do that to play NDS and GBA games.
    If you only want to play NDS games you can get a Slot-1 solution, I have a R4 and I couldn't be happier with it.

Check the reviews of each product and decide which one is the best for you. [​IMG]

3. 1337Nemo
    OP

Germany
    Thanks, didnt know abozut the DS only things.. well thats what i need. [​IMG]

so this is with micro sd, is there any "normal" sd slot 1 card?

If not, is this product ok:
    http://shop.konsolenchips.de/product_info....86ecd2d0f653455 ?

(60€ for the device + 1gb micro sd + usb stick and stuff)

How many games can i put on a 1gb card?

Thanks in adv..

4. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    You mean a Slot 1 card that use standard SD cards? I don't think there's any, they're too big for that purpose.

69€ for the device + 1gb micro sd + usb stick and stuff.
    sounds a little expensive to me.

This one is 50€
    http://www.divineo.de/cgi-bin/div-de/dsl-r4eng
    You'll need a micro sd card, but I'm sure you can find it cheaper than 20€

Enough games, trust me, you'll be surprised.

5. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    check out the n-card you dont even need a micro sd http://sky2k.com/shop/ncard-8gb-p-260.html everything you get with the the n-card lets you start stright away. the downside is you have to pick your save type and also you have to use a slot 2 card to transfer files. Its the cheapest card that has 100% rom compatibility and it also supports homebrew. i have a 1Gb card and i have 15 games on my card at the moment.

do you have the phat ds or the lite?

6. skullstatue

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    Sorry, can the R4 support 2GB Micro SDs at a moderate speed? Always been wondering....

7. 1337Nemo
    OP

Germany
    the ncard sounds nice.. and simple.

i have a "phat" ds (bought when it was released)..

thanks for the help again! I just need to find a store in germany now who sells them ... go go google [​IMG]

cant find a german site which sells them ...just another questen:

can i use the usa version to play pal games? on a pal ds?

8. thegame07

United Kingdom
    sky2k should ship to germany they charge the same shipping price worldwide i got mine delivered to the uk since you have a phat ds you need to get a gba sized linker if you order from sky2k ask for it when you order. yes you can play usa games on a pal nds the nds is region free for every single game

9. Bud

Newcomer Bud Member

Germany
    http://www.flashlinker-shop.com is based in Germany and has free shipping (over 50€).
    The 1 GB DS-Linker (N-Card clone) costs 69€ there (actually not a very good price compared to the N-Card @ sky2k) and has a GBA-sized slot 2 card (Fits into the DS Phat).
    And yes, you can play games from any region with it.

10. 1337Nemo
    OP

Germany
    thanks bud, but i just orderd from sky2k. coasts me only 75$ for 2 ncards [​IMG] (my girldfriend wants one,too).

i just hope i get everyything working.. i heard you can put diferent firmwares one this thing?

mk5 is a ds firmware? or the firmware for the linker? but whats the ncard firmware for, if you have mk5? its really strange..

should i just update it with the newest ncard firmware and it will play homebrew and roms?

I know i ask a lot of questions.. but i cant find any good side which explains everything i want to know about the ncard.. you get just pieces of information on different places... thanks in adv.

11. thegame07

United Kingdom
    All the updates are the same. The N-card where the first team to bring out the card and then other companys started ripping them off by using thier card but putting a diffrent sticker on it. So whenever the N-card team release an update all the other companys just change the skin and thats it nothign is diffrent.. So yes just update with whatever is the newest firmware it doesnt matter if its the n-card one or any of the clones they are all the same. S