What do I need to pokesav in Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Marat Dolzhenko, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Marat Dolzhenko
    OP

Marat Dolzhenko Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    United States
    Well I'm getting a check soon and want to buy a 3DS and either the latest pokemon game + tools or a flash cart.

All I want to do is be able to save edit/generate "legit" pokemon [evs/ivs] and play online. I used to do this via pokesav long ago when it was easy; but times have changed.

Please tell me what I should buy.
    1) What version 3DS, do I need a specific firmware
    1a) What firmware
    2) Should I buy a flash cart + save edit
    3) Should I buy the game and use some tools like power save
    3a) If i need to get tools, what tools should i buy
    3b) What software should I use
    3c) Are there guides available?

Thank you, I make this post every year or so, it's been over that now and I think pokemon generation is possible.

If this is the wrong section, please move my thread instead of deleting it; I'd really appreciate the help.

I've been out of the loop a long time, back in the day I'd plug in my SD card, open the .sav file, and edit my box -- but I am not a "noob". Thanks again.

2. the assaf

the assaf GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    You can backup/inject save game in the last firmware without any hardware.

Firmware versions less then 9.3 (exclude) are exploitable and you can use gateway flash cart of free custom firmwares. With gateway/cfw you can install titles to your home menu (cia) including Pokemon of course. You can then use savedatafiler to backup/inject save games.
    Note that if you planning to buy new 3ds (a brand new model with stable 3D, faster cpu, some new controllers and several exclusive games) you'll need game called cubic ninja you can buy on web (price vary between sellers, new from 55$-80%).