Hacking what do i need to install and play WADs??

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hacking a friend's wii, not interested in playing backups, but just want to install WADs for VC games and be able to play them

virgin wii. menu, system 4.2. I can install installing the homebrew channel (with wad manager) is the first step, i can do that no problem

but what do i need just to be able to play install and play virtual console game WADs?

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
follow the sticky'd guide at the top of the hacking thread

"It does not tell you what each & every program does, just a straight up list of directions."

from the link in your sig.

i want to specifically know what i need in order to install and play VC wads.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Basically, you need to use bootmii to install the homebrew channel.

Then put wad manager on your sd card, and load it up through the homebrew channel.

Install your wads.

Its best to just follow the guides, the other guys recommended.

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:

Then put wad manager on your sd card, and load it up through the homebrew channel.

Install your wads.

i wonder if people read entire posts, or just read the topic title. i clearly stated installing hb channel and wad manager is no problem.

this isn't for me, my friend isn't the tech savviest of people, he just wants virtual console games. he doesn't live near me so i cant have him come just to hack his wii for him, nor for me to go there. so i want to make this as least complicated as it can possibly can. he just wants SSBB textures, and to enjoy VC games.

i would like to know which specific ios i need to simply install VC wads and play them. i know you cannot simply install HB channel and wad manager. i installed hb and wad manager on my sister's virgin wii and i could not install a VC game.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ConJ said:

whah!! no you dont!!!! you need to use bannerbomb to execute the hackmii installer that install bootmii and HBC, since when does bootmii install HBC

Install your wads.
what wouldn't work, plainly because your missing a fundamental step, fixing the trucha bug in IOS36 to be able to use wadman in the first place but installing a cIOS when using said app is even better

i think you also need to follow a guide and read it properly before giving advice out IMHO

Fathead666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why couldn't your buddy just read the tutorials himself? But then again, I don't care if it's a Wii, Xbox, PC, or anything to do with technology people always seem to come to me for answers or wanting me to fix things for them. The worst part is that nobody EVER offers to pay you anything. It's like they think you wave a magic wand or something. I mean, if I were an auto mechanic and I did some work on somebody's car on my own time, they'd at least offer you a few bucks. I'm just gonna start acting dumb. It's like people think you're born knowing how to do these things... I read a tutorial and learned, why can't they???

/rant.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Fathead666 said:
Why couldn't your buddy just read the tutorials himself? But then again, I don't care if it's a Wii, Xbox, PC, or anything to do with technology people always seem to come to me for answers or wanting me to fix things for them. The worst part is that nobody EVER offers to pay you anything. It's like they think you wave a magic wand or something. I mean, if I were an auto mechanic and I did some work on somebody's car on my own time, they'd at least offer you a few bucks. I'm just gonna start acting dumb. It's like people think you're born knowing how to do these things... I read a tutorial and learned, why can't they???

/rant.

you shouldn't sell a hack anyway, maybe get payed for your time but then you hacking a wii and using FREE sources to do it so it still wouldn't be right

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
exactly. only if you donated your earnings to the developers who made hacking possible; then it would be ok.

patoons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fathead666 said:

/rant.

what a bad comparison. i'm not asking anyone to do anything for me. i just am looking for an answer. it would be like asking the mechanic how to change oil, versus asking him to change the oil for you. how could you even insinuate the notion of payment in a hacking community.

my friend is weary of doing all the steps for playing backups, he just wants to play VC and get brawl hacks. it's okay, i'll talk him into doing every step. i haven't touched my wii in terms of hacking in quite some time. so i am not familiar with the new methods of hacking.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How to install Wads:

a) Installing HBC via the HackMii Installer
b) Trucha Patching IOS36 with Dop-IOS MOD
c) Installing cIOS249 with cIOSX Installer rev18 (IOS38 as base IOS) via trucha patched IOS36
d) Put a wad to the SD:/Wad folder
e) Run Wad Manager, choose IOS249, ignore the NAND emulation stuff and install your Wad
f) Never open such a noob thread again

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
youve got 3 options for WW/VC, each one requires some sort of modification for the end result

Triiforce - Installing an cIOS, getting a NAND dump, Install WAD to NAND dump, play thru Triiforce/Triforce MRC..........
SD Menu/Wiimenu - Patching SM IOS but to patch IOS you need a trucha enabled IOS like IOS36 or cIOS249........
SNEEK2 - install Bootmii IOS, Get NAND dump, get and replace Bootmii file with SNEEK ones.......

i havent mention every step needed for each option, these are just breaks down but the point is you/friend will need to mod the wii in some way for the end result

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The steps for playing backups are the same effectively as the ones for installing WADs. After you follow the steps that people are telling you to do in this thread you can run NeoGamma and play backups.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
pepxl said:
ConJ said:

whah!! no you dont!!!! you need to use bannerbomb to execute the hackmii installer that install bootmii and HBC, since when does bootmii install HBC

Install your wads.
what wouldn't work, plainly because your missing a fundamental step, fixing the trucha bug in IOS36 to be able to use wadman in the first place but installing a cIOS when using said app is even better

i think you also need to follow a guide and read it properly before giving advice out IMHO

I know what im talking about man, just wanted to simplify it. Ive modded 10+ Wii's with no complaints yet. The last 5 done with the stickied guide on this site.

I was tired when I typed it, i meant Hackmii.

And anyways, I told him to follow the guide.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
patoons said:
my friend is weary of doing all the steps for playing backups, he just wants to play VC and get brawl hacks. it's okay, i'll talk him into doing every step. i haven't touched my wii in terms of hacking in quite some time. so i am not familiar with the new methods of hacking.
Then honestly, you are not the person to be telling him what he should do because you dont have a clue yourself. I'm not flaming you, but what you are doing is dangerous. He should get on here himself. Period.
He might not have an internet connection. Unlikely, but possible.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
To cut a long story short, to install wads you need to mod your Wii following the guide. Just dont install the backup launchers, or the usb loaders, if you dont want them.

SpikeBolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At least he does have some mod experience while his friend has not. Besides you don't have to be a leet guy to follow the stickied guide. It's noob-proof.

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been messing around with uloader and today i tried triforce but I still think the best way to play WW/VC games is through the wii menu, since it has the best compability and covers are added automatically and i don't have that many games I wanna play.

But now i can't seem to install any wads, at first I tried using wad manager 1.5 and 1.6, got error:1029.

Then I tried it using MMM so I can install them all at the same time but I got error:1020.

I have cIOSx rev17, bootmii is installed, I've ran the hackmi installer, I think I've ran the trucha bug restorer.

What step am I missing here?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
why do they never use the search button?

just a note you have to have a patched system ios (60 for 4.0 and 4.1 and 70 for 4.2) to run vc/wiiware wads that were transferred to an sd card.
the search button while useful at times can also be a nightmare a lot of times it brings up things that have nothing to do with what you're searching

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"