What do I need to do this?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by boysboysboys, Apr 11, 2008.

Apr 11, 2008
  1. boysboysboys
    OP

Newcomer boysboysboys Newbie

United States
    I want to be able to transfer my pokemon pearl save from my original game cart to my computer and edit it with pokesav, then put the edited save back onto my original game cart. I do not want to use AR codes to do it. What do I need to do this?

2. Seven

Member Seven oh hell no

United States
    I'm afraid that the only method I know of is by using the save backup function of an Action Replay DS Duo MAX. However, I'd suspect that there's a method of getting saves without getting this thing... by using a slot-2 homebrew device of some sort. I think.

3. boysboysboys
    OP

United States
    Does the EZ-FLASH V 3 in 1 support homebrew? If it does then I think I could use rudolph's NDS backup tool to do what I want.

4. sylux92

Member sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I believe rudolphs nds backup tool will let you backup the save to your 3 in 1, and then to your microsd card, or you can use savsender, which backs up the saves over wifi.

5. boysboysboys
    OP

United States
    Ok, getting the sav file to my computer sounds easy, but what I am most confused about is how to get the edited sav file back on the original pokemon pearl game card. I was looking around and it sounds like I need a slot-2 cart that has micro sd support like a EZ-FLASH 4 Lite Deluxe. Will the EZ-FLASH 4 Lite Deluxe work without a passcard? The passcard is just for playing DS games right?

6. sylux92

Member sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Doesn't the NDS backup tool let you restore the game to the cartridge?

7. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Yes it does, I've used it several times. Wouldn't surprise me if SavSender can do it too.

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    SavSender can both dump and restore save files, as can NDS Backup Tool. However, if you don't have any hardware whatsoever, the 3in1 would be a bad choice to get as you won't be able to backup your save files with just the 3in1 alone. Any other slot-1 device, or a slot-2 with a slot-1 NoPass, will work. The NoPass is needed because otherwise how are you going to launch SavSender.nds or NDSBackupTool.nds?

9. boysboysboys
    OP

United States
    Ok, say I have a r4ds and a 3in1. When I go to restore a save is it going to ask me to remove the r4ds and then i stick in the original game cart?

10. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    R4 and 3in1 should work with the 3in1 version of Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool. I don't know the exact process, but that'll probably be close to what happens.

11. Troverman

Newcomer Troverman Newbie

United States
  12. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    For Rudolph's NDS 3-in-1 Backup Tool, yes. You run the tool from the R4 and hot-swap carts when it tells you to, for copying saves in both directions. Detailed Instructions be here.