DizzyD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

So I'n getting a ds and an R4 cart but i also want to take advantage of its Wi-Fi capabilitys and browse the web when I'm out somewhere since you can find Wi-Fi hotspots pretty much everywhere now.

My question would be, what devices should i buy and possibly what software should i download so i can browse the web.

P.S. I'm not talking about the official NDS browser because i think buying that would be too expensive.

Cheers.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
From what I've heard it's pretty slow from the DS (I think I read somewhere that it's wifi is limited at 30kb/s, not sure about that).

You could try the built in browser in DSOrganize, it works pretty well for me.

If you want to try out the Official Opera one but don't want to pay for it and the RAM Expansion, get an EZ-Flash 3-in-1, they're $20. It acts as Extra RAM, Rumble, and you can use it to play GBA Roms.

DizzyD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:

Is that a piece of software or hardware ? If it's software where do i download it and does the R4 support it. Oh and can i turn the Rumble feature OFF the EZ flash thing ?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
DizzyD said:
Law said:

Is that a piece of software or hardware ? If it's software where do i download it and does the R4 support it. Oh and can i turn the Rumble feature OFF the EZ flash thing ?

DSOrganize is a homebrew application. You can find it here.

Very few games actually support Rumble, and I don't think it's turned on by default anyway.

I'm pretty sure the R4 supports most (all?) homebrew applications since it has auto dldi patching.

DizzyD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick replies, really appreciate it.

I have one more quick question.

If i were to order the following of of deal-extreme
R4 DS
EZ flash 3-in-1
Kingston 1GB japan flash

would all 3 items come in one package or would they ship them in separately.

K

KaliKot

They come seperately from what i remember. There are lots of homebrew browsers in development now

The opera browser is pretty basic, it has a really slow interface and it constantly chugs both in browsing and in gui speed. It works but its just really annoying, its like a browser from 1997

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey