Hacking What do I need now?

lemmiwinks64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an R4 NDS MicroSD Card Adapter English Version with 1GB Kingston TF and an EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack on order from DealExtreme. I want to be able to play backup roms of my GBA, GBC and DS games. I did some searching around the forum and I couldn't find any specific software to run these roms. Are there emulators for these roms? Or do I just copy the files to the Micro SD card and play them from there?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All the roms go on the slot 1 cart. The ones that need to be played from slot 2 are transferred from the R4 to the 3-in-1.

DS games just go on the microSD card, no need to do anything to them.

Most (but not all) GBA games will need to be patched to be able to save on the 3-in-1. You can do that with the EZ4 Client.

GB and GBC games cannot be run directly on the DS, you must use an emulator. The ones you'll want to look into are Lameboy DS, Goomba, and Goomba color. Goomba and Goomba Color are GBA mode emulators, so you will need to compile the .gb/.gbc files and the emulator into a .gba file, then transfer that file to the microSD card. Lameboy DS is a DS mode emulator, and it can read the .gb/.gbc files directly from the microSD card.

As for those other slot 2 carts running GB roms "natively", they just have Goomba built in.

lemmiwinks64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Destructobot, thats extremely helpful. One last thing, does the R4 come with moonshell built in? And do you know a good .dpg converter that's in English?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10