What do I have to look for if I want to buy and hack/mod my ps3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Nameless_Rook, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Nameless_Rook
    OP

Nameless_Rook Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    So I need help... I'm talking model, numbers, does it have to be new, which method is the best, which is less harmfull, just anything specific? What exact ps3 is best for the best non harmfull method of modding and where to get them. Is there a place where they sell modded ps3's? Only done ps2 softmod, but can learn anthing. But consider me a nooby at ps3 modding stuff now, please, light talk with me on this topic! :D btw, hi :D I prefer softmodding!! :D

Last edited by Nameless_Rook, Oct 30, 2016
  2. hyprskllz

hyprskllz Gashatto!!

Apr 19, 2016
    Indonesia
    Auldrant
    Generally the model's number are the one you should be looking for.
    1k: FAT.
    2k, 2.5k, 3k: SLIM
    4k: SuperSlim
    All 1k, 2k are able for jailbreaking, and installing CFW.
    For 2.5, some are able to install CFW, but you have to be careful some of these cannot be installed, you have to see the serial number first. IIRC the 10 and below are able to install CFW.
    As for 3k, and 4k, the only option are using ODE.
    I suggest you're searching for 2k and 2.5k, since they're the most reliable. and don't buy 1k, they're too old, and prone for YLOD and RSOD.

3. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    CECH-25XX has to be manufactured before Jan 2011. So anything December 2010 or older is good.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    ScarletDreamz likes this.
  5. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Thanks for the quote @Sonic Angel Knight , indeed im selling a Modded PS3, with the latest CFW Rebug, its on the Trde area, but you cant see it until you hit 100 post on the forum, if you got a paypal verified adress, we can make a deal, if you want photos and specs and whats included, just hit me with a PM! C:

6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    It also says that on your profile page. :P

Also maybe you should explain to him more details, in pm. (cause maybe he can't send the pm, or doesn't know how yet):ninja: