Homebrew what do I have to do with Soundhax/Fasthax if I already have A9LH

dexmaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are both of these new hax used to Downgrade? if I already have a9lh is there anything benefit to run them new hacks

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You should not care about such things if you already A9LH'd your system.

They are useful for us who have stock firm on 11.2.

DoArt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if what they are saying is true and we can actually make real CUSTOM firmware then this could be something you're interested in. But overall i'm not sure if it's a huge step forward from a9lh, I guess it all depends on what you're trying to achieve while hacking. This could be very cool though imo.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just going off what they said..where was it said that it won't have anymore cfw possibilities?

There's no cause to believe that it will. sighax and a9lh do the same thing, boottime (pre-kernel9) arm9 code execution. Only difference is that sighax will be easier to installe.

Reactions: Mrrraou

DoArt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no cause to believe that it will. sighax and a9lh do the same thing, boottime (pre-kernel9) arm9 code execution. Only difference is that sighax will be easier to installe.
Well my cause to believe this was because they said you can sign your own firmware or whatever so that we could have cfw like the psp which was real cfw. Who better to trust than the devs themselves? lol Regardless we'll just have to wait and see.

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the main difference is that A9LH payload patches the system as it loads, whereas potentially Sighax could simply load the modified code directly (Faster boot time and can allow for more extensive modifications) ? Am I wrong ?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the main difference is that A9LH payload patches the system as it loads, whereas potentially Sighax could simply load the modified code directly (Faster boot time and can allow for more extensive modifications) ? Am I wrong ?

a9lh utilises a series of oversights that cause the system to jump to code that you control.
sighax just makes it look like Nintendo code and the system runs it directly.
In the end the result is the same, the system starts running your code, but the differences in what you can do after you reach that point are extremely small.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse