what do i do with chipped wii upgraded to 4.2e

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by goatie, Jan 3, 2010.

Jan 3, 2010
  1. goatie
    OP

Newcomer goatie Member

United Kingdom
    hi all, m8 at work has a chipped wii, don't know what chip, his firmware was 3.4e, i told him i would upgrade it to 4.1e when i got back to work after christmas, but u he would not wait and he upgraded via internet now he is on 4.2e but he says his chip on longer works
    whats the best way to get the chip working, or softmod it to get his backups working again
    thanks

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    modchips are uncalled for,softmods are safer+more devs.follow this guide and get a USBLoader and the backups would be running again

3. goatie
    OP

Newcomer goatie Member

United Kingdom
    thanks for link,

4. wadzinsky

Newcomer wadzinsky Advanced Member

United States
    Why is everyones chips not working? I've had one of the first chips released and it still works as it always did even on 4.2u. My chip is a Cyclowiz v2 on a D2B chipset. The only reason I could think that so many people's chips stopped working after updating to 4.2 is that they are trying to play out-of-region games. 4.2 update stopped different region games from playing on consoles. None of Nintendo's firmwares have ever been able to do anything to a modchip.

Lolzed:
    Yes, mod-chips are pretty useless now. But in the case of a semi-brick, it could make it easier to recover +, USB loaders are pretty sweet, but still not 100% compatible. Playing backups on a softmod only are still extremely slow, chips help in that respect. [​IMG] As also, Nintendo came out with the D3-2 drive which renders all chips useless, but also softmods for disc loading. So each has it's pros and cons.

-- in my opinion, D3-2 is only a minor inconvenience. Someone will figure it out. It will most likely be a hardware device. The scene has some pretty smart people in it.

5. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    My modchip is still working on 4.2 also. I rarely use it these days anyway. Softmod + USB loader is far better. [​IMG]