What did you think of AI: The Somnium Files' Story? [SPOILERS]

ignare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone. I'm a big Uchikoshi fan, and I just finished the somnium files.

Overall, I thought it was a very powerful story in so many ways. But one thing I wanted to let out was that while the plot twist was thought provoking, I didn't feel like it was really a plot twist.

Sure, it was a good mystery, but it wasn't like the ones in Zero Escape where they really change the way you view everything when you replay it. In Zero Escape, they all involved the direct perception of the main character, and in this version, sure it involved the main character, but using the whole amnesia trope can be too... convenient in my opinion.

I know Uchikoshi often accused of not answering the mysteries to his series, but I can at least understand where he was going here.

Sure, he never answered why Date could remember other timelines in this one, but I honestly didn't think that that mattered much. I was thinking it may have had to do with the Wadjet system. It was still confirmed that Saito understood for some reason, which was interesting.

The only other thing that was open ended was NAIXATLOZ. You could say that NAIZ was just Iris' delusions, but I just couldn't bring myself to believe that in the end, especially given the videos Iris was making on the Lemniscate channel.

What did you all think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1