Hacking What did you guys use to short the SL1?

XtremeResident

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My first (and only time) i used rolled up aluminum foil. i didnt feel to safe with it since it was pretty easy to bend...what did you guys use? maybe i could get some new ideas
smile.gif

thanks

troublesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^^^ same here and i did try with tape but it was a pain in the @$$ so i just took it off cuz it was stuck in 1% and after playing with it a bit got it to 100%.. i was worried tho cuz i couldnt find the proper place to short it!!

GodMedia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On my first two DS's (phat ones, a silver and a red) I used a small flathead screwdriver. On my DS lite, I used the same screwdriver with a bit of scotch tape wrapped around it. On my friends silver phat DS, I forgot my screwdriver so I bent a medium-sized paperclip in half and used the points to short SL1. That last one was the easiest of all the flashes I did. I now have that paperclip in my toolkit permanently.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The first time I used a small flathead screwdriver & it worked OK.
So I tried it again on a second unit & it sucked, I almost bricked it.
So I tried the most recommended tool a toothpick wrapped in
aluminum foil & it worked so well I’ve never used anything else,
I’ve flashed 8 units & not one brick.
smile.gif

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I used a toothpick with only aluminum foil. I didn't put electric tape because that made it not fit in the hole.
That isn't good advice if flashing a DS Lite. If the tool is so thick that it's already touching the sides then you will very likely touch the bit that you're not supposed to touch (I forget its name) and switch off/brick the DS Lite. Always insulate the sides of your tool when flashing a DS Lite.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used a toothpick with only aluminum foil. I didn't put electric tape because that made it not fit in the hole.

That isn't good advice if flashing a DS Lite. If the tool is so thick that it's already touching the sides then you will very likely touch the bit that you're not supposed to touch (I forget its name) and switch off/brick the DS Lite. Always insulate the sides of your tool when flashing a DS Lite.

I used aluminium foil too and... I really tried (hard) to force my DS Lite to shut off (not in the flashing process of course) but it didn't. But to play safe i still isolated the foil when flashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i'm not sleeping right now