Gaming What did you guys think about Nintendo's e3?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm down with it. Highlights for me were Rocket League, METROID PRIME 4 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Xenoblade 2 looks really nice, Kirby's cool and the Yoshi game looks interesting. Mario Odyssey was cool the "possession" mechanic really threw me off guard and I'm intrigued to see how it works.
I'm disappointed they didn't even mention Smash or the new Fire Emblem though. Them saying something about fighting games and then talking about Arms and stuff was a huge dicktease.
I feel like the e3 was really short but it wasn't bad. It was good imo and about on par with Sony

Last edited by Seliph,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Loved it! Mario Odyseey & Yoshi looks hype, Metroid 4 yay!!! don't look at nintendo treehouse @themoment, major spoilers alert for Mario Odyseey. I've turned off! :(

Last edited by Reecey,

XpertXP1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was terrible, Imalmost 40 years old. I have lost faith in Nintendo developing games I will ever play. Too bad......Dont get me wrong Mario looks great! Metroid, who knows, we only saw a title screen which makes no sense as this is a gaming conference, show us some of the game. Done with them.....

Reactions: ImCarlosGG

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought it was terrible, Imalmost 40 years old. I have lost faith in Nintendo developing games I will ever play. Too bad......Dont get me wrong Mario looks great! Metroid, who knows, we only saw a title screen which makes no sense as this is a gaming conference, show us some of the game. Done with them.....

They're just letting us know that they're making the game, which is something they don't do very often.
They probably don't have anything ready to show yet, maybe next year, same for the Pokémon RPG being developed for the Switch.
Anything else, they're showcasing on the Treehouse stream over the coming days.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no real presentation on stage like other companies, just a recorded video like last 3 years. no announcement like "annnnnnnd now meet Reggie on stage ! annnnnd now the switch will have this and that feature coming this year, DLC, apps, netflix, VC consoles, etc."
it was short and didn't have a lot of announcement, while they said "wait for E3, it will be great this year!"
not a lot of game we didn't already knew.
And one bad thing : They decided to go with "let's show new unannounced games after the E3 presentation, AFTER people stopped watching the streamed video, very good advertising choice!" again, their marketing and communication branch sucks. who hired that guy?
I would have presented Samus return first (for the big surprise), and at the end of E3 just tease with MP4 being in development for another ending surprise announcement. but hey, I'm not nintendo's communication director.

Metroid Prime 4 : announcement, nothing to see. it's good I guess, but they could have announced it even if there's nothing in the work for real. "let's add something to that poor e3 presentation, we can announce something we don't have yet instead of showing that game we have? good idea"
Xenoblade chronicle 2 : could/should have been named something else, it's not a sequel. reminds me of Sky of arcadia. It looks good.

Mario RPG + Rabbids : could be better than I thought. good visual and game play. seems fun to play but maybe long and repetitive (like all tactical RPG). Let's keep an eye on it.
Next mario game : I'm not a huge mario's game fan, but it looks "okidoki". just fine, but not that great to me for what I saw. levels are a little empty, controlling the game seems weird (or the guy doesn't know how to play it). possessing enemies is a funny idea though.

That's all I noticed which got my attention.
for the moment, only the first 2 games I'm interested in playing. That's fine that they don't have anything interesting until 2018 because I still have too many unfinished games to play

edit:
Metroid Samus Return : Great visual, good surprise, I'll remove the dust off of my 3DS !

Last edited by Cyan,
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could have been better
... Really? Could've been better? Are you joking? Perhaps with hiring 1 million people at Nintendo, and making them super-humans, they couldn't have done better. Expecting more than that is pure bullshit. Plus, that's not finished. Reggie said "surprise announcements" during Treehouse Live.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wasn't the surprised announcement metroid Prime 4?

edit:
Like I said, they could have announce Metroid wayyy back earlier, because you know "there's nothing to show, we can announce random games any time".
I also expected a great E3 like we used to have (and like he let us thought we would get), but it's bland like that for years now... (read : Pre-recorded E3 presentation instead of live stage presentation)

edit2 : there's a new 2D metroid for 3DS?
"Metroid Samus returns" it's a remake of metroid 2.
maybe that was the announced surprise? At least we didn't expect that game, and it's a surprise. weird marketing choice presenting a game in treehouse....
this is a VERY weird choice to present games AFTER the E3 presentation....

I never played Metroid2, it looks beautiful on 3DS :)
and I thought I wouldn't touch my 3DS anymore, when is the release date? edit : mid September 2017

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: iAqua

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If i was a mod, i'd gladly ban you for a little while to reflect on that statement!
Why? Just because someone's opinion is not the same as yours, does not mean you have to go all mad at him and ban him(if you were a mod).

Respect people's opinions if you want them to respect yours :D

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.