What did you guys think about Nintendo's e3?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Seliph, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Seliph
    OP

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    I'm down with it. Highlights for me were Rocket League, METROID PRIME 4 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Xenoblade 2 looks really nice, Kirby's cool and the Yoshi game looks interesting. Mario Odyssey was cool the "possession" mechanic really threw me off guard and I'm intrigued to see how it works.
    I'm disappointed they didn't even mention Smash or the new Fire Emblem though. Them saying something about fighting games and then talking about Arms and stuff was a huge dicktease.
    I feel like the e3 was really short but it wasn't bad. It was good imo and about on par with Sony

Last edited by Seliph, Jun 13, 2017

2. iAqua

iAqua GBAtemp Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    I loved it

T-hug likes this.
  3. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    It was a blast. It made my Hype meter jump from -100 to 1billion.
    I will buy Switch in upcoming days, I really need it after this E3.

iAqua and StarTrekVoyager like this.
  4. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Could have been better but i am hyped for XB2, mario and Splatoon 2.

KingVamp likes this.
  5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Loved it! Mario Odyseey & Yoshi looks hype, Metroid 4 yay!!! don't look at nintendo treehouse @themoment, major spoilers alert for Mario Odyseey. I've turned off! :(

Last edited by Reecey, Jun 13, 2017
  6. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Loved it, it was short and sweet but delivered a lot of what people wanted, and needed to hear.
    No Smash is not a deal breaker, it's only the first year after all.
    And I'm so thankful we know that Metroid is getting some love.

Seliph, gamefan5 and iAqua like this.
  7. -pm-

-pm- Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Fucking Metroid Prime 4! This gave me ULTRA LEVEL HYPE!

Seliph and RupeeClock like this.
  8. XpertXP1

XpertXP1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    I thought it was terrible, Imalmost 40 years old. I have lost faith in Nintendo developing games I will ever play. Too bad......Dont get me wrong Mario looks great! Metroid, who knows, we only saw a title screen which makes no sense as this is a gaming conference, show us some of the game. Done with them.....

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  9. Lazyt

Lazyt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2011
    Most dissapointing e3 presentation ever

queendude likes this.
  10. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Engineering Prison
    For me: Meh
    But others seem to be happy so that's good. I was hoping for a few more titles.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  11. Rick Astley

Rick Astley The real one !

Apr 1, 2015
    Nintendo has so much titles in their hand that they can announce a Pokemon RPG game waited for years like a random and boring thing.
    Amazing. Just. wow.

StarTrekVoyager likes this.
  12. Lazyt

Lazyt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2011
    du you remeber that cringe 2010 konami presentation? well this was even worse

13. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    They're just letting us know that they're making the game, which is something they don't do very often.
    They probably don't have anything ready to show yet, maybe next year, same for the Pokémon RPG being developed for the Switch.
    Anything else, they're showcasing on the Treehouse stream over the coming days.

14. jmhannz

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    Horrible E3, smash bros or garbage.

15. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no real presentation on stage like other companies, just a recorded video like last 3 years. no announcement like "annnnnnnd now meet Reggie on stage ! annnnnd now the switch will have this and that feature coming this year, DLC, apps, netflix, VC consoles, etc."
    it was short and didn't have a lot of announcement, while they said "wait for E3, it will be great this year!"
    not a lot of game we didn't already knew.
    And one bad thing : They decided to go with "let's show new unannounced games after the E3 presentation, AFTER people stopped watching the streamed video, very good advertising choice!" again, their marketing and communication branch sucks. who hired that guy?
    I would have presented Samus return first (for the big surprise), and at the end of E3 just tease with MP4 being in development for another ending surprise announcement. but hey, I'm not nintendo's communication director.

Metroid Prime 4 : announcement, nothing to see. it's good I guess, but they could have announced it even if there's nothing in the work for real. "let's add something to that poor e3 presentation, we can announce something we don't have yet instead of showing that game we have? good idea"
    Xenoblade chronicle 2 : could/should have been named something else, it's not a sequel. reminds me of Sky of arcadia. It looks good.

Mario RPG + Rabbids : could be better than I thought. good visual and game play. seems fun to play but maybe long and repetitive (like all tactical RPG). Let's keep an eye on it.
    Next mario game : I'm not a huge mario's game fan, but it looks "okidoki". just fine, but not that great to me for what I saw. levels are a little empty, controlling the game seems weird (or the guy doesn't know how to play it). possessing enemies is a funny idea though.

That's all I noticed which got my attention.
    for the moment, only the first 2 games I'm interested in playing. That's fine that they don't have anything interesting until 2018 because I still have too many unfinished games to play

edit:
    Metroid Samus Return : Great visual, good surprise, I'll remove the dust off of my 3DS !

Last edited by Cyan, Jun 13, 2017
  16. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    ... Really? Could've been better? Are you joking? Perhaps with hiring 1 million people at Nintendo, and making them super-humans, they couldn't have done better. Expecting more than that is pure bullshit. Plus, that's not finished. Reggie said "surprise announcements" during Treehouse Live.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  17. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    wasn't the surprised announcement metroid Prime 4?

edit:
    Like I said, they could have announce Metroid wayyy back earlier, because you know "there's nothing to show, we can announce random games any time".
    I also expected a great E3 like we used to have (and like he let us thought we would get), but it's bland like that for years now... (read : Pre-recorded E3 presentation instead of live stage presentation)

edit2 : there's a new 2D metroid for 3DS?
    "Metroid Samus returns" it's a remake of metroid 2.
    maybe that was the announced surprise? At least we didn't expect that game, and it's a surprise. weird marketing choice presenting a game in treehouse....
    this is a VERY weird choice to present games AFTER the E3 presentation....

I never played Metroid2, it looks beautiful on 3DS :)
    and I thought I wouldn't touch my 3DS anymore, when is the release date? edit : mid September 2017

Last edited by Cyan, Jun 13, 2017
    iAqua likes this.
  18. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    It didn't suck, Metroid Prime 4 was the clincher methinks :P

19. franchy

franchy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2017
    Canada
    If i was a mod, i'd gladly ban you for a little while to reflect on that statement!

Briyoda likes this.
  20. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Why? Just because someone's opinion is not the same as yours, does not mean you have to go all mad at him and ban him(if you were a mod).

Respect people's opinions if you want them to respect yours :D

Abu_Senpai likes this.