What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7L3WoWG.png

MGS4!!!
that was quick lol

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
that was quick lol
Yeah lol, I thought I'd pace it out a few hours each day, instead it was like 3 insane bingeplay sessions with my friend where we were both like, lol what a fun 2 hours that was, and then we'd look at the clock and 7 hours passed somehow. I suppose it's a testament to how good these are.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I didn't think I ever finished Super Metroid (have posted about progress previously in this thread, but no posts about finishing it), and the Metroid Dread news inspired me to make sure I got that done, and I dug out my old save from my N3DS. It turns out the save was actually right outside Mother Brain's lair, so either I got stuck on the boss fight or I did actually finish it and didn't post anywhere about it and forgot. I'm guessing the former, but can't be sure.

Just finished it anyway. 100% on items, nice. Hopefully I should have plenty of time to beat Fusion (never played it so far) before Dread releases.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about "accomplish" but I finally let go of my old and flawed 27" Trinitron and switched over to a 55" Sony X810c for my game space. We just got a new 65" X900h so I "inherited" the 55".

I will miss gaming on a CRT TV, but I wont miss the screen geometry imperfections, the low res display, and the massive weight and bulk of the thing. I got the Framemeister hooked up last night and my modded Super Famicom Jr and Saturn both looked amazing.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quickly beat Twilight Princess (GC version) for the first time in 15 years. I'd forgotten pretty much everything about the game, so it was a lot of fun. After that it was time to try Skyward Sword HD (again, the last time I played the original was when it came out ten years ago) and I have to say, I had way more fun with the game then I remembered having the first time.
Maybe it's because some time has gone by and I'm on a Zelda kick right now, or maybe it's because the next console Zelda would be BotW (which I really dislike), but all in all ,while it's still not my favourite Zelda, it's still surprisingly fun to me.

Reactions: AncientBoi

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was Metroid's 35th anniversary today (well before midnight it was - ignoring time zones), so I decided to play a bit of the original. I've finished Zero Mission before, but haven't really spent any time on the original game apart from the challenges in NES Remix.
I was going to play the Classic NES release for GBA, but the copy protection kicked in and I couldn't be bothered to fight with it, because I remembered that Zero Mission also has it built in, so played a bit of that on my Game Boy Micro. I know the game's been scaled a bit to fit GBA resolution but it looked good. I got the long beam, morph ball, bombs, about 3 missile expansions and made it past the first lift. Died several times but eh.
I still prefer the more modern Metroid games, but this seems more playable than I expected, could see myself putting more time into it in future.

Reactions: Stompoutloud

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night