What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday i finished a few levels in SM3D Land, stopped at the end level (Bowser's Lair). Got all the star coins up to that point. I had to look up where some of them were, i tried locating them on my own at first but didn't find those problematic ones..
I see that there're "Special levels" after you finish to the end credits. Will try some of them, i think they're supposed to be a little hard, but i'm up for a decent challenge! :D
I remember finishing them all except for the very last extra-long-and-hard (hur hur) level. I should probably go back and take that one on again one day, if I managed the equivalent final level in Odyssey (Darker Side of the Moon?) I should probably be able to do this one if I really want to.

Reactions: CoolMe

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I climbed up Lard Lad.

2022072516473000-0628BCF51061F8B55A87FC007C517388.jpg

I also did the first few missions, then crashed the PS4 by turning off the Switch without ending remote play first, and found I'd lost my progress, so I learned an important lesson about saving regularly in this game.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday i finished a few levels in SM3D Land, stopped at the end level (Bowser's Lair). Got all the star coins up to that point. I had to look up where some of them were, i tried locating them on my own at first but didn't find those problematic ones..
I see that there're "Special levels" after you finish to the end credits. Will try some of them, i think they're supposed to be a little hard, but i'm up for a decent challenge! :D
As suspected, Bowser's Lair was a PITA to get the 3 coins all in one go without dying, as there are no checkpoints. It took me a few tries like around 10 or something, but i did it!:D

The Special levels are not that hard, have completed a few, i'm on World 5 currently, it lets you to skip through some levels if you beat the boss levels at the end of each World.

The levels that have shadow Mario following you are somewhat annoying..
20220731.jpg

Reactions: hippy dave

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today i managed to get through the stages "Heavy Machinery - Cortex Power - Generator Room - Toxic Waste - BOSS: Pinstripe & The High Road" in Crash Bandicoot 1 on the PS1. (I'm playing it on the PS2 BTW).. It was a PITA to say the least.. Because i can't use save states, and there's very few checkpoints within a stage. and you can't save until you gather the 3 Tawna icon thingies and complete the bonus mini-stage when you get them.. And if you miss it or die, you won't get a 2nd chance to save until you complete at least 2 stages.. Uugh..
The boss fight with
Pinstripe was a cake walk in comparison to those stages.. The "High Road" wasn't too difficult either..
I'm currently in
"Slippery Climb", very tricky platforming..

Reactions: hippy dave

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I played and finished Batman: Arkham City for the first time, in hard mode from the start, without going through normal mode first. Some parts were difficult, but it looks like I'm a guy who finishes games in hard mode now (the fourth game I passed in hard mode this year, plus Crash Bandicoot 4).

The game demanded analytical and strategic thinking, I couldn't just approach enemies head on. The playing characters had very few hit points. The latter combat stages were complicated because there were enemies with multiple characteristics and what seemed a simple beat-them-up revealed some complexity.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played and finished Batman: Arkham City for the first time, in hard mode from the start, without going through normal mode first. Some parts were difficult, but it looks like I'm a guy who finishes games in hard mode now (the fourth game I passed in hard mode this year, plus Crash Bandicoot 4).

The game demanded analytical and strategic thinking, I couldn't just approach enemies head on. The playing characters had very few hit points. The latter combat stages were complicated because there were enemies with multiple characteristics and what seemed a simple beat-them-up revealed some complexity.
It is difficult.. when they gang up on you like +20, the ones with the electric bats are very annoying, because there's no pattern to how or when they'll attack you.. The stealth killings (inside buildings) are less difficult in comparison once you know their patterns, how to do a stealth kill, and when you can hide, run when they spot you etc.
The Riddler challenges were entertaining as well..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all of my characters are now level 99 in dragon quest xi. I spent like 600,000 gold to buy all the equipment I was missing. now, it's the fun-size forge. I seem to be missing materials, materials that can't be bought according to the game. :-/ damn, this game is long when you think about all that there is to do. I'm at over 110 hours now, and at the true final boss (not all quests cleared though).

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today i managed to get through the stages "Heavy Machinery - Cortex Power - Generator Room - Toxic Waste - BOSS: Pinstripe & The High Road" in Crash Bandicoot 1 on the PS1. (I'm playing it on the PS2 BTW).. It was a PITA to say the least.. Because i can't use save states, and there's very few checkpoints within a stage. and you can't save until you gather the 3 Tawna icon thingies and complete the bonus mini-stage when you get them.. And if you miss it or die, you won't get a 2nd chance to save until you complete at least 2 stages.. Uugh..
The boss fight with
Pinstripe was a cake walk in comparison to those stages.. The "High Road" wasn't too difficult either..
I'm currently in
"Slippery Climb", very tricky platforming..

It took way more than it should to get to the end there, but finally got it! I was able to complete The Lab and the final boss Dr. Neo Cortex. :D There's still alot of gems i need to get, though i'm not going to. Atleast not now..
The game is frustrating as it is let alone adding smashing all boxes, and some require you to complete the stage -in addition to smashing all boxes- just with 1 life.. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: AncientBoi

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As suspected, Bowser's Lair was a PITA to get the 3 coins all in one go without dying, as there are no checkpoints. It took me a few tries like around 10 or something, but i did it!:D

The Special levels are not that hard, have completed a few, i'm on World 5 currently, it lets you to skip through some levels if you beat the boss levels at the end of each World.

The levels that have shadow Mario following you are somewhat annoying..
I stopped on S8-3 right now. Got all the coins up to that point.. The timed ones with shadow Mario following you around are annoying.. Only 5 more levels! :D
20220818.jpg

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember finishing them all except for the very last extra-long-and-hard (hur hur) level. I should probably go back and take that one on again one day, if I managed the equivalent final level in Odyssey (Darker Side of the Moon?) I should probably be able to do this one if I really want to.
You were talking about Special 8-Crown?
I got all the star coins now. But still haven't unlocked S 8-Crown, you'd have to beat every stage with Both Luigi & Mario, and getting the yellow flagpole in all of them..

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You were talking about Special 8-Crown?
I got all the star coins now. But still haven't unlocked S 8-Crown, you'd have to beat every stage with Both Luigi & Mario, and getting the yellow flagpole in all of them..

Been so long I don't recognise it, but yeah if that's the very last level in the game, that's the one. Yeah I did all that to unlock it :rofl: all the more reason I should probably get it ticked off for good.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completed 'hard' difficulty in dead cells.

Unfortunately, there are still four 'even harder' difficulty settings before getting the real ending.

Did you happen to find any of my brain cells while you were there? If so, tell them to come back, and that all is forgiven, please.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cleared the Mirror Temple C-Side in Celeste. This feels like an achievement because it's the level I couldn't do when I was last playing the game 4 years ago (don't know if I was stuck because I'd forgotten about the boost-wall-jump move or if I just couldn't do it well enough).

It's been awesome playing Celeste again, brilliant game - I went through all the story levels again (great story) then all the B-Sides, now doing the C-Sides. The only other original level I never cleared was the Core C-Side, which I don't think I even ever played because I was trying to do the Mirror Temple one first. Assuming I can clear the Core one when I get to it, then I'll finally be ready to update my game with the Farewell update and take on some all-new frustrating challenges B-)

Big_8

Mii Superstar
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Today I played Poppy Playtime, while carrying the trash can near the front desk (with grab pack (also, i call him Bucket)) through most of the game. I lost him after completing the 2nd Power Restore puzzle, as the conveyor belt was to fast, and i couldn't pick him up quick enough. Next time, i plan to carry him all the way to the end. I love playing things differently.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2022090814255700-75A32021BE3512D7AA96B2D72F764411.jpg

Cleared the Core C-Side in Celeste.
This was the other one of the two original levels I never cleared the first time I played the game, so now I've got the main game finished and got all 24 crystal hearts. I'm looking forward to checking out the Farewell level next, slightly apprehensive but hopefully will be able to do it. I'm not convinced I'll ever get every golden strawberry in the main game, but even if not I feel like I'll have a pretty satisfactory level of completion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: