What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Castiel, Aug 7, 2012.

1. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    IMG_20171106_112903.jpg

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    Greece
    Elysium
    Completed Super Mario 3D Land with four shiny stars. In order to get the fifth star I'd have to complete every level in the game with both Mario and Luigi. I was like fuck it, it's not worth my time.

Thomas83Lin likes this.
  3. SmellyPirateMonkey

SmellyPirateMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2015
    United States
    Put a good few hours into Mario today. And farmed a shit ton of mats in FFXIV. It's been a productive day

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

4. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto Vigilante

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Another play-through on Sonic Generations down.

Next up Sonic 2

5. johnbus

johnbus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    I learned how to parry the Guardian shots in Breath of the Wild (WiiU).

While it might not be a big accomplishment for most people, my attention span is spread thin across hundreds (sometimes thousands) of games I'm interested in at once, so I never beat anything difficult anymore. Whenever I get to a point where I have to decide if I want to invest the time and energy practicing a skill, I move on. Having spent any amount of time actually improving my skills was a bigger accomplishment then actually taking the handful of Guardians down.

6. nasune

nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Beat both Super Mario Odyssey and Assassin's Creed Origins. And, honestly, I loved (almost) every second of Odyssey. The only things about it I didn't like were the minigames and the lack of difficulty, the latter of which I get. After all the game needs to be accessible to everyone, both newcomers and veterans alike.
    Origins on the other hand disappointed me for a couple of reasons, first of which is the genre shift to a third person adventure rpg. I honestly enjoyed the earlier games because they were very much stealth games where outright combat was not necessarily punished, but at least discouraged. In this one though, fighting is pretty much par for the course for most of the game. That's not to say you can't sneak around, but because the leveling and equipment (upgrading) system it feels far less rewarding (most of the time it is far easier to just go in swords swinging rather than sneaking around trying to stealth kill only to find out you can't because, well, levels).
    Which brings me to leveling. I do not enjoy leveling systems in most games, mainly because it feels like artificial limiting/padding. Rather than relying on skill to get trough a part of a game you're forced to grind up until the game allows you to inflict enough damage to do something. Which does not mean you cannot rely on skill, or that skill is not involved (truth be told, I was severely underleveled for the entire game). But I prefer games where anything you do is purely by your own merit, rather than being influenced by other factors.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    When all is said and done, I do not think it is a bad game, but it is not one for me. Which is a shame as I truly enjoyed the previous titles (well, for the most part).

Last edited by nasune, Nov 16, 2017
  7. HelpTheWretched

HelpTheWretched GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Canada
    Today, I finally returned to Red Steel 2 for Wii after 3 years. The last time I played, I was stuck right before a Point of No Return, trying to find the final Wanted Poster to complete a side-mission. I thought I had found them all, but it said one was missing. I retraced the entire explorable area probably 3 times looking for it, then gave up.

That's when I found a 3DS on sale, bought it, and began playing through all kinds of old games because I had missed out on the original DS generation. Every time I thought of returning to Red Steel 2, I dreaded looking for that Poster and decided against it, and/or I wasn't able to use the Wii for one reason or another.

As it turns out, I had already found all the Posters but a glitch made it say I hadn't. When I booted the game after 3 years, that mission was marked as "complete".

Retroactive achievement!

AzerothArg likes this.
  8. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Today I'm playing Mario Party 4 on Wii U with nintendont and Golden Sun 1 :)

9. chrisman02

chrisman02 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2015
    United States
    Beat the first part of Odyssey, now working on the second half. However holy hell does the difficulty spike in some areas. Maybe I just don't have the reflexes for platformers anymore.

10. Striga

Striga Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2017
    Poland
    I finally catched Raikou in Pokemon GO.

CallmeBerto and leafeon34 like this.
  11. AzerothArg

AzerothArg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2014
    Argentina
    Sunday I've completed all 4 Uncharteds, very very nice saga, with 2 and 4 being the highlights

12. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    Greece
    Elysium
    Finished Metroid: Samus Returns on the 3DS. Its a great game and in the future I'd like to revisit it to play through the game on hard mode and collect all the power-ups but for now I've got quite a large backlog of games to play.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  13. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto Vigilante

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Sonic 2 down next up Doki Doki Literature Club (hope it's good)

14. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Just 100% completed Mario Odyssey collecting everything, I found it alot easier to 100% than getting five shiny stars in 3d world which may be a bad comparison but that's the last Mario game I got a 100% on. Overall I really enjoyed the game but its time to move on to something else.

End Pics May contain spoilers

VinsCool likes this.
  15. fedehda

fedehda GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    fedehda is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 7, 2017
    Argentina
    At your current screen. And in heaven
    After several months trying to defeat one of the final bosses in Xenoblade Chronicles, I finally beated him two days ago.

Thing is... I don't know how did I reach there in first place. You only need to know how to use, basically, the attacks.

I shouted when I defeated him and my girlfriend didn't knew what happened.

BORTZ likes this.
  16. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Which one? One of the post game level 100s or a Story boss?

I am currently playing Xenoblade X and having a good enough time. I am a little afraid that the game caps me at 60 and monsters can level up to 100... I just started my first longer affinity heart to heart mission and it kinda sucks. I wonder why they made it so you cant switch out of them until you finish them.

CallmeBerto and fedehda like this.
  17. fedehda

fedehda GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    fedehda is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 7, 2017
    Argentina
    At your current screen. And in heaven
    A story boss. I won't be playing it anymore once I complete the story mainline.

And I need time to finish the MGS saga.

I'm stucked at the 3 by the moment, lol

18. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Playing Binding of Isaac Rebirth, beat both the boss rush/sheol with Isaac. My combination was something like homing, brimstone (got it on the first devil deal), and I picked up Polyhemis (the giant short range tears) in the boss rush room. I think I'd unlock "The Lost" now with the missing poster.

19. Lmaokernel

Lmaokernel GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2017
    United States
    CA
    Finally beat Mario, did a hell of a lot of grinding on final fantasy xiv, and played some skyrim vr. It was a productive day

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

20. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Just beat Super Metroid for my first time on the Snes. My playtime was 8:35 with a 66% item collection rate. I enjoyed most of the game except for some of the awful grappling hook sections. now its time to play though my massive backlog of final fantasy titles, X\X-2 and zodiac age all on the Ps4. Should be fun!

Last edited by Thomas83Lin, Dec 18, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice