Emulation What cps2 emulator is "Megaman - the power battle" running on?

DDinghoya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Dear all,

By default I know that it runs based on the cps1 parent rom. Of course, I had experienced no issues running with the cps1 emulator.

Unfortunately I don't know how to get it to run on the cps2 emulator. Is there a setup problem?

Since the cps2 emulator has only clone roms information, it is thought that it does not run because there is no cps1 parent rom information, which is the basis for execution.

Is there an emulator with both rom information for cps1 and cps2? Or should I just enjoy "Megaman - the power battle" only on cps1?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Dear all,

By default I know that it runs based on the cps1 parent rom. Of course, I had experienced no issues running with the cps1 emulator.

Unfortunately I don't know how to get it to run on the cps2 emulator. Is there a setup problem?

Since the cps2 emulator has only clone roms information, it is thought that it does not run because there is no cps1 parent rom information, which is the basis for execution.

Is there an emulator with both rom information for cps1 and cps2? Or should I just enjoy "Megaman - the power battle" only on cps1?
@DDinghoya

According to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man:_The_Power_Battle) the game was only officially released for the Capcom Play System 1 (CPS-1).

So you need to play only on the CPS1 emulator.

On other words:

CPS1 emu only plays CPS1 games
CPS2 emu only plays CPS2 games
CPS3 emu only plays CPS3 games

What CPS1 emulator are you using by the way?

DDinghoya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@DDinghoya

According to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man:_The_Power_Battle) the game was only officially released for the Capcom Play System 1 (CPS-1).

So you need to play only on the CPS1 emulator.

On other words:

CPS1 emu only plays CPS1 games
CPS2 emu only plays CPS2 games
CPS3 emu only plays CPS3 games

What CPS1 emulator are you using by the way?

Yup! I know as your mention for this issue. The exact target I want to test on is "Rockman: The Power Battle (CPS2, Japan 950922)". The parent rom is cps1 and the clone rom is cps2.

I emphasize once again,, I had experienced no issues running with the cps1 emulator. :)

Tested it on all cps2 emulators and it failed. All cps2 emulator's supported ROM information does not contain information from the parent ROM.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yup! I know as your mention for this issue. The exact target I want to test on is "Rockman: The Power Battle (CPS2, Japan 950922)". The parent rom is cps1 and the clone rom is cps2.

I emphasize once again,, I had experienced no issues running with the cps1 emulator. :)

Tested it on all cps2 emulators and it failed. All cps2 emulator's supported ROM information does not contain information from the parent ROM.
Checking on hex the cores fba_cps1.dol and fba_cps2.dol (of RA-HEXAECO) it doesn't have the info of rmancp2j.zip (Rockman: The Power Battle (CPS-2) (Japan 950922)).

I will test it further for see in what romset these will nned to work or if that game just doesn't work.

DDinghoya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Checking on hex the cores fba_cps1.dol and fba_cps2.dol (of RA-HEXAECO) it doesn't have the info of rmancp2j.zip (Rockman: The Power Battle (CPS-2) (Japan 950922)).

I will test it further for see in what romset these will nned to work or if that game just doesn't work.

you can unpack and then see each files into rmancp2j.zip

open .dol of cps2 on hxd program(or similar tool). Find unpacked file name or hex for rmancp2j.zip :)

DDinghoya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

I read the existence of "fbneo_cps12cavepacgal" in RA-HEXAECO's README.

I can't test because I can't find the previous version of RA-HEXAECO, can you test it? :)

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@DDinghoya @Wiimpathy

After a LOOOOOONGGGGG research, i finally saw how you can play Rockman - The Power Battle (CPS2) on Wii.

I used fba_cps2.dol (FBA CPS-2 v0.2.97.30) core from RA-HEXAECO (@SuperrSonic) for launch the game.
The required romsets are needed for play this game Rockman - The Power Battle (CPS2): (i was using FBA v0.2.97.31 romsets but it also works)
  • rmancp2j.zip
  • mmancp2u.zip
  • megaman.zip
Once you have those romsets on your roms folder, just launch the rmancp2j.zip file and it should boot.

1657038904768.png

1657038920154.png

1657039001357.png

That info i got from this page https://github.com/arcade-mini/FBA-A320-RS07/blob/master/gamelist.txt but also from the links on this post @Wiimpathy posted here earlier:

It seems you don't have the right rom. For mame2003, it should be megaman.zip.
cf. http://www.progettoemma.net/gioco.php?game=megaman
Strangely, it's cps1 driver. No guarantee it's working with the core from the post above though. rmancp2j.zip is cps2 and if I think the core only have cps1...

For FBA, rmancp2j.zip the status is "WORKING" with fba cps2 core.
cf. https://gbatemp.net/attachments/scripts_datas-zip.166566/ (RA GC_Wii FBA Compatibility List in DATA folder)

Greetings to all :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: