Gaming What could the Sega/Nintendo partnership mean for Wii U

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On the latest Nintendo Direct, Iwata announced a worldwide partnership with Sega while will see Sonic games come exclusive to the Wii U/3DS. We have also seen this partnership with Nintendo helping with publishing Bayonetta 2, but what would you like to see?

Here I things, I'd like to see

- Nintendo helps fund Shenmue 3
- Sega and Camelot reunite to make Shining Force 4
- Saturn and Dreamcast games on Virtual Console
- Sonic to appear in Mario Kart
- Nights, Knuckles, Shadow etc to be in Smash 4
- Nintendo also helps fund Burning Rangers 2

Reactions: Warlord698

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dunno, if they are focusing on just one console (like when some companies decided to go exclusive to x-box or playstation) it means they can focus all their time on the game instead of having to divide up some of their teams just to porting to other consoles and tweaking to the compatibility of that system. Then they can make that game the best it can be for said system, which in turn will make it overall just an awesome game. The No More Heroes games are a great example. They made them specifically for the Wii, they kicked serious ass....PS3 port SUCKED BALLS, they they didn't plan it for that system in the beginning so everything to do with the controls was sorry and they didn't exactly upgrade the graphix for that system either. and Rock of the Dead still pisses me off.....planned exclusive for Wii, moved focus for PS3/360, canceled Wii because sales/ratingzs didn't do good (although it might have done fairly well on the original system)

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a little cautious about Sega creating sequels to classics. That sequel for Nights: Journey of Dreams is an example that comes to mind. But I'm ever hopeful that Skies of Arcadia will get a remake or a sequel because because of this Sega/Nintendo partnership.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you jumping to the conclusion that this will go beyond the three Sonic games that were detailed?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
These unrealistic hopes and crushing disappointments you speak of, can I have some of them too?
Have you tried dating a woman, lately? :P

But on topic: I've got to agree with xist. I saw that direct, and all it talked about was 3 exclusive sonic games (of which 2 were revealed). It's nothing more than that.

Reactions: NahuelDS

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
All joking aside, I can see Burning Rangers 2 working well with the tablet being used as the map and maybe a thermal scanner for finding the survivors...... Damn you for raising my hopes unrealistically once again.

PS. NINTY - a Burning Rangers 2 exclusive gets you a GUARANTEED WiiU Sale right here. I will be that hypocritcal.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Because the first 10 minutes of the Japan direct was "Sega Direct"

And yet all the news states three exclusive Sonic games and not a crazy long term amalgamation (the Wii 3 exclusive Sonic games too, which also didn't branch off into other franchises)

Optimism is fine, but realism is paramount.

Reactions: Gahars

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's clear that this the three games are going to be a trial period. Otherwise, they wouldn't have done a deal at all. If it's successful then we'll probably see a second deal just like the first, which is what I expect to happen. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I think it's also Nintendo's response to companies like EA not not making games for them. This deal reminds me of the EA and NFL exclusive licensing deal that gets renewed every couple years so long as it's proving to be successful for them. I'd like to see Sega make their 2K Games and 2K Sports line exclusive to the Wii U was well.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little cautious about Sega creating sequels to classics. That sequel for Nights: Journey of Dreams is an example that comes to mind. But I'm ever hopeful that Skies of Arcadia will get a remake or a sequel because because of this Sega/Nintendo partnership.
If Skies of Arcadia gets a sequel, can we please do away with random encounters? I'm currently playing through it for the first time and them random encounters can get frustrating when you're exploring. 5 seconds of sailing followed by 5 minutes of battling D:.

And I hear that the GCN version that I'm playing actually toned down the random encounters? I shudder to think how bad they were on the Dreamcast.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If Skies of Arcadia gets a sequel, can we please do away with random encounters? I'm currently playing through it for the first time and them random encounters can get frustrating when you're exploring. 5 seconds of sailing followed by 5 minutes of battling D:.

And I hear that the GCN version that I'm playing actually toned down the random encounters? I shudder to think how bad they were on the Dreamcast.

I think that was the only thing preventing me from replaying the game. As a kid, I think I had tons of time to sit through all those random encounters but after getting spoilt with RPGs where you can see and avoid enemies, those sort of random encounters just can't cut it anymore. Flying pirate ship battles was where it's at... I think. God I think my nostalgia glasses is messing my memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or just put in on yt