Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi all,

So I'm wondering if you guys have any consoles/games that have influenced you directly or inconspicuously.

For me, I'd have to say that Kingdom Hearts 1 influenced my mind. And the Gameboy struck my fingers.

For KH1 It taught me that it doesn't hurt to dream and actually wonder about things.

When the Gameboy was in my grasp I remember after the drive home from school my dad would ask me if I wanted a new game. I'd say yes please but then he'd say maybe next time. Obviously next time never came but eventually one rainy day, He brought me to this tacky old store and asked me to pick out a game that I wanted. Somehow that moment is etched into my mind. random and pointless but nostalgic non the less.

So how about you guys?

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I love zelda games (even though I hate most of the ones I have). Because I vaguely remember playing Zelda 64 and Windwaker and they were such awesome games.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Easily, N64 + Ocarina of Time.

I forget how old I was when it first came out, but I got it that Christmas.

Anyways, to show how bad I wanted the console and the game, I took a huuuuge piece of brown packaging paper, and in the middle, I drew out the Ocarina of Time logo, Sword and Shield and everything.
And then for days and days and days, I would spend my time going over each of the letters with my finger, and for each time I did it, I did a tiny little tick in the corner of the paper, and then the slash through it to represent 5. Anyways, I did that... I forget the exact number, but it was above 1700 times. I did the same thing for the N64 and I did that around 1500 times.

Yes, I was a dedicated child.

Arithmatics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ShadowSoldier said:
Easily, N64 + Ocarina of Time.

I forget how old I was when it first came out, but I got it that Christmas.

Anyways, to show how bad I wanted the console and the game, I took a huuuuge piece of brown packaging paper, and in the middle, I drew out the Ocarina of Time logo, Sword and Shield and everything.
And then for days and days and days, I would spend my time going over each of the letters with my finger, and for each time I did it, I did a tiny little tick in the corner of the paper, and then the slash through it to represent 5. Anyways, I did that... I forget the exact number, but it was above 1700 times. I did the same thing for the N64 and I did that around 1500 times.

Yes, I was a dedicated child.

So hard work pays off huh?
yay.gif

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I would say the GBc and pokemon yellow.
Those were good times. I remember i cried so hard when it broke( spam a button too much:
but hey i got a pc soon after.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I remember my first console. It was a used SNES that came with a bunch of games. I never saw anything like that before in my short 5 years of life. My dad brought it one day and he seemed to think I was happy to get one, but I didn't know what that thing was supposed to be. Then, he plugged it into the TV and fired up Super Mario World 3. And I started playing. I played once in a while, but all the games where in English and had too much text(french speaking toddler...). Then I started seeing my brother again and he was more familiar than me with video games(being three years older) and we started playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past together. That game took a whole bunch of our childhood to finish. I still remember when we were both trying to decipher what the word "bunny" meant and though it was an important hint. Ah..... Nostalgia......

Arithmatics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
pyrmon24 said:
I remember my first console. It was a used SNES that came with a bunch of games. I never saw anything like that before in my short 5 years of life. My dad brought it one day and he seemed to think I was happy to get one, but I didn't know what that thing was supposed to be. Then, he plugged it into the TV and fired up Super Mario World 3. And I started playing. I played once in a while, but all the games where in English and had too much text(french speaking toddler...). Then I started seeing my brother again and he was more familiar than me with video games(being three years older) and we started playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past together. That game took a whole bunch of our childhood to finish. I still remember when we were both trying to decipher what the word "bunny" meant and though it was an important hint. Ah..... Nostalgia......

Doesn't it make you want to have remakes of old classics on the newer generation consoles? I'm not talking about the wii's VC but more towards a handheld portable version. *cough*3DS*cough*

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
My first console was the game boy and I got it when it first came out so while everyone had the brick I had a shiny new colour screen. Playing Pokemon yellow took up a scarily large chunk of my childhood and every time I got a cool evolution I would run around while still playing which I think explains why I'm still only really comfortable with portable consoles. I also got the oracle of seasons which is my favourite Zelda game, I know its weird since it wasn't even made by nintendo but I still love it. I think my next favourite console which I've never actually owned is the SNES because of all the amazing games and especially Earthbound which is my favourite game of all time so I'm thinking of buying it off eBay and trying to pick up a US SNES from what seems like the only retro gaming shop in all of Wales

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NES Mario and Duckhunt, Zelda, Probotector, Mario, Megaman...

SNES Streetfighter Pack, Marioworld, All capcom games, All Konami games, All RPG's adventure games.
and my personal SNES favourites: Zelda : A link to the past a, Secret of mana, Terranigma.

N64 Zelda oot obviously, but also EVERY Rare game and Mario 64, Mariokart 64.

GameCube Starfox Adventures, Mario Sunshine, Zelda WW, Resident evil 4 and of course Metroid Prime 1 and 2.

Wii it's Homebrew capabilities, 'nuff said.

But as a Rule : I'd say Nintendo ans the Console wars between both Sega and Nintendo, lol

Mondegreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My first console was an old SNES that my dad's friend gave me when he got an Xbox - yes I know he was a bit late to upgrade but the SNES is classic! I was like 4 and i remember popping in Super Mario All-Stars and playing SMB2, and always falling at the waterfall in 1-1. We had DK Country 3 as well, and I was epic fail at that too. I still have it in a box somewhere, but alas, it doesn't work.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arithmatics said:
When the Gameboy was in my grasp I remember after the drive home from school my dad would ask me if I wanted a new game. I'd say yes please but then he'd say maybe next time. Obviously next time never came but eventually one rainy day, He brought me to this tacky old store and asked me to pick out a game that I wanted. Somehow that moment is etched into my mind. random and pointless but nostalgic non the less.
I had a similar story. One day I went with my grandmother to the mall and she asked me if I wanted a new game for my gameboy. I asked for Super Metroid, because since I was only four, I thought I could just get any game and it will work with any console. The first store she asked said that Super Metroid was a SNES title, which it was. Anyway, she kept asking and eventually one of the stores mentioned that Metroid II was for gameboy and she bought it for me. My god I loved the Metroid series when I was a kid, and still do today. [insert your cool-story-bros here]

Anyway...
Most influential console: SNES (still play it often, but on emulators, because I lost the power cord)
Most influential game: Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario 64, Unreal Tournament

Sorry, couldn't pick just one.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
GB and Pokemon Red. I can still remember the days when I memorized all 151 Pokemon and always managed to forget at least one. (kept changing, once it was Porygon, other times Farfetch'd, the ones no one ever used) I started to say "GO *insert Pokemon here*" in my sleep.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Master System was my first console. The games? Shinobi, Sonic and Alex Kidd. Awesome games.

Then, my father show me a GameBoy (the big one) with Tetris. I ever tried to get more lines than my father (he gets 120 lines!). Later, I get a game named "62 in 1" (62 games in 1 cartridge) with games like Burai Fighters, Castlevania Adventure, Bubble Ghost, Super Mario Land, Mega Man Xtreme 2 and a big etc of awesome games. Then, Pokémon appear, it was awesome fight and change Pokemons with friends in the school. Very nostalgic.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Juanmatron said:
Master System was my first console. The games? Shinobi, Sonic and Alex Kidd. Awesome games.

Then, my father show me a GameBoy (the big one) with Tetris. I ever tried to get more lines than my father (he gets 120 lines!). Later, I get a game named "62 in 1" (62 games in 1 cartridge) with games like Burai Fighters, Castlevania Adventure, Bubble Ghost, Super Mario LandMega Man Xtreme 2 and a big etc of awesome games. Then, Pokémon appear, it was awesome fight and change Pokemons with friends in the school. Very nostalgic.
I think that 62 in 1 was a bunch of pirated games in one.

On topic, my first console was an N64 and my first handheld was a Turquoise Gameboy Colour, but before that I had played an NES at a friends house. Then a few years down I discovered the Game & Watch, then I looked a bit more into the more retro consoles and now I'm a big retro fan (Hence how I got my screen name).

All in all, the N64 and the NES influenced me a lot. But my first game was Pokemon Yellow, so that was what got me into gaming. Mario Kart 64 was to blame for my gaming addiction
tongue.gif

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ha, I'm as old as dirt. My first console was an Atari 2600. It was given to me as an Xmas gift in 1980 by my parents at the age of 5. I played Donkey Kong and Pheonix all day and night. That was my best Xmas gift ever and it sealed my fate as a videogamer for life.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Juanmatron said:

Then, my father show me a GameBoy (the big one) with Tetris. I ever tried to get more lines than my father (he gets 120 lines!). Later, I get a game named "62 in 1" (62 games in 1 cartridge) with games like Burai Fighters, Castlevania Adventure, Bubble Ghost, Super Mario LandMega Man Xtreme 2 and a big etc of awesome games. Then, Pokémon appear, it was awesome fight and change Pokemons with friends in the school. Very nostalgic.
I think that 62 in 1 was a bunch of pirated games in one.

On topic, my first console was an N64 and my first handheld was a Turquoise Gameboy Colour, but before that I had played an NES at a friends house. Then a few years down I discovered the Game & Watch, then I looked a bit more into the more retro consoles and now I'm a big retro fan (Hence how I got my screen name).

All in all, the N64 and the NES influenced me a lot. But my first game was Pokemon Yellow, so that was what got me into gaming. Mario Kart 64 was to blame for my gaming addiction
tongue.gif

Even I think that. But it looked pretty original. With the GameBoy box and everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🥓 🍳 🍞 🍽️ 🥛