What Chip/Flash should I choose ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Putt3, Apr 23, 2010.

Apr 23, 2010
  1. Putt3
    OP

Newcomer Putt3 Newbie

Sweden
    Fellow GBAtempers.

My name is Putt3 (unfortunately not IRL) and I have been searching far and wide for what Chip/Flash/Mod I should get for my Wii.
    When I check all these threads about what each and every Chip/Flash/Mod do, I get kind of insecure and confused of what to buy.

So, tell me this: What should I get if I want to play Wii games on my Wii ? Without buying them ofcourse. (And by not buying I mean download and play on the Wii)

MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE!

I want you to convince me of what is THE best, and perhaps come up with some real facts. (External links etc.)

The most important factor is: To check the compatibility in the future for Wii games, hardware etc.

Remember: Money is ABSOLUTELY not an issue!

Anyways, would love you to help me, fellow GBAtempers.

Sincerely, Putt3. [​IMG]

2. gameking66

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No chip.

Softmod is just as good as Hardmod, except for USB GC Backups. Otherwise, get Sundriver or WODE.

3. guinness

Member guinness GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If money is not an issue, why not BUY the games?

4. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    because even the most expensive chip is WODE = $200 = 4 wii games

5. Putt3
    OP

Newcomer Putt3 Newbie

Sweden
    Because I want to test the games first, before I buy them. If they are shit I don't want to have them in my house. You get me ?
    And second, as others said before me: WODE = The price of 4 Wii Games. And you can have UNLIMITED games on it. :>

OnT: Thanks for the work, I have figured a long time if I should get WODE or anything else, but I can say that WODE is tempting. [​IMG]

6. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    WODE is for GC backups.Also you can test out games on softmods too...USBLoader

7. kaputnik

Member kaputnik GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I agree, go for the WODE.

It gives you HDD loading without all the hassle to get some games to work that comes with softmodding. And you can slap on the latest FW update from Nintendo without having to worry about screwing anything up if you want, assumed of course that you don't care about homebrew and just want to play backup games.

The only real drawback is that you have to disassemble your Wii to install the WODE interface chip. When softmodding you obviously don't have to do that.