Hacking What CFW support gateway card and arm9hax?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,559
  • Replies 28

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
So you mean arm9ed aurei sysnand on latest and GWemu on latest? Pls step by step...

Recent=10.7
Yes. You can have a sysnand with arm9loaderhax, then use emunand9 tool (sorry not the other tool) to create an emunand . You can then format the emunand to unlink them, and update your sysnand to 10.7, and leave the emunand at 9.2. You can then install the gateway cia to boot the gateway launcher and the red card. Also, when you install a9lh, I recommend installing dev menu to the NAND using FBI, because then even if you format your system, dev menu will always be there

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contrary to popular belief, there's another workaround for the GW/a9lh situation. This one doesn't involve having an updated SysNAND, but allows a degree of automation. With this setup, I can autoboot to GW EmuNAND 10.7 with the GW card inserted.

It requires a 9.2 SysNAND with both MenuHax and a9lh installed.

Boot 9.2 SysNAND via a9lh Aureinand -> MenuHax loads CtrBootManager -> CtrBootManager loads GW.3dsx -> GW EmuNAND 10.7

D

Deleted User

OP
Contrary to popular belief, there's another workaround for the GW/a9lh situation. This one doesn't involve having an updated SysNAND, but allows a degree of automation. With this setup, I can autoboot to GW EmuNAND 10.7 with the GW card inserted.

Boot 9.2 SysNAND via a9lh Aureinand -> MenuHax loads CtrBootManager -> CtrBootManager loads GW.3dsx -> GW EmuNAND 10.7
A fast way to install arm9hax on 9.2 w/o any formatting?

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country

LEL STUPIDEST QUESTION EVER.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
9.2 SysNAND
10.7 EmuNAND

Also, make sure that the "Use SysNAND Firm as default" option is turned off and that "Autoboot SysNAND" is turned on.
I wanna keep my sysnand at 10.7, so I'm just gonna wait and see what Gateway's next move is. I tried using the gateway cia launcher, but that always results in a black screen for me (maybe because im booting it from emunand?).

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna keep my sysnand at 10.7, so I'm just gonna wait and see what Gateway's next move is. I tried using the gateway cia launcher, but that always results in a black screen for me (maybe because im booting it from emunand?).
Since I never used this method because I wanted automation more than updated SysNAND, I have no hands-on experience with it. However, I believe that the correct process is as follows

• Boot into 9.2 EmuNAND (NOT RedNAND)
  • Load GW.CIA while holding L.
  • Hold B when selecting Gateway Mode to enter GW SysNAND.
  • Press X to confirm
You should then end up in your 10.7 SysNAND in GW Mode.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I never used this method because I wanted automation more than updated SysNAND, I have no hands-on experience with it. However, I believe that the correct process is as follows

• Boot into 9.2 EmuNAND (NOT RedNAND)
  • Load GW.CIA while holding L.
  • Hold B when selecting Gateway Mode to enter GW SysNAND.
  • Press X to confirm
You should then end up in your 10.7 SysNAND in GW Mode.
Whether I hold L or not, I get a black screen :P Oh well, I might just have to downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end