Hacking what causes the incompatibilities of the gamma launcher?

adrian783

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after i read jizmo's "Long Winded Explanatin of IOS/CIOS", i realized that all games were being run on IOS249, and im just wondering if run the games on their native patched IOS would solve the compatibility problem? also, why can't the loading speed in gamma be sped up? can someone explain them to me in a semi-technical detail?

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it seems as if compatibility is solved, as every in-region game people have tried in the System Menu questions/thoughts thread is reported to work. There haven't been any errors, such as the 002 error, at all.

The reading speed has to do with the drive chip. We currently get 3x speed no matter what with burned DVDs. Until someone hacks the drive firmware, I doubt we will see 6x loading speeds with backups.

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think that the DIP module need to be programmed to read at 6x. It not as easy as changing a few lines in the source because if it was, it would be done.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
acesniper said:
I think that the DIP module need to be programmed to read at 6x. It not as easy as changing a few lines in the source because if it was, it would be done.
I'm pretty sure it's not something that can be done in the DIP module. As far as I know, the only way to do it is a hardware modification, at which point you might as well have a modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr