Hacking What can you do with a cloned cart?

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running DS2's for the past 8 or 10 years and sc DS1i's also on my DSi. IMO the DS1i was almost as good as the DS2 on the DS games even though it couldn't do the GBA emu..., but I have an R4 and an R4i that were purchased from within the first year they came out, I'm pretty sure one is an original, based on the ID'ing the chip inside it per the pics on this site. I've been keeping them for when my present 3 DSi's die, the next one I'll get will be another ds lite.

I found most every R4 [clone] site had a firmware (read not necc. kernel) that would run those R4is. IOW most copied the original, but each copy changed one or two files as they released.. I have many of the firmwares I used archived/ on HD's in the event they became no longer available.

I loved that DS lite model but hated replacing hinges (and re-building the buttons with springs) Having been working on a O3ds replacing the hinge, it makes those DS lites seem easy/simple. My huge sausage fingers/hands can't reinsert the ribbon cables to complete the job. (NOTE to self; try and retro fit the N3ds hinge into a DS lite -good luck self pft)

I know, off topic kind of thought there was some (minor) value there...

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I ended up finding another r4 but can't find the firmware for it on the site (it's says 2014 3ds upgrade) could someone help me find the right kernel/firmware
3.jpg
for it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality