Hacking What can we expect from pkgdecrypt(St4rk)?

D

Deleted User

...Expect decrypted PKGs? :P

Anyhow, I'd give it a day or two. There's not even any binaries of the program out in the wild yet (It's just a C file in a github repo at the moment). I'm assuming you'd need something like GCC to compile it?

D

Deleted User

Can confirm that I was able to decrypt a Burn The Rope PKG. :)

upload_2016-11-29_19-9-4.png

Now it's a case of how do you extract the contents? Any ideas guys? I tried every single key and placed it into "aes.key", then tried SKFU's Vita PKG Xtractor, but the damn thing keeps crashing. :(

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean we can install a psp game or demo with pkg and the vita doesn't need to be activated? I'm unactivated and desperate to get a psp demo working so i can install adrenaline.

D

Deleted User

Well thanks to St4rk's latest revision, you're now able to extract the PKG file as well as decrypt it.

upload_2016-11-30_12-18-6.png

The files seem to have the infamous PFS protection though, so there is almost pretty much nothing to do with these files. As a result, I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to install them either.

Reactions: pauloedsonjk

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
If it can extract and decypt psv pkg like voxel says, modders and rom hackers doins translation ports might take interest on grabbing file assests and they wont have to wait for someone to dump it. If they already have japanese ones for example those whi already have a 3.60 japanese game and can just extract the pkg grab fron psn. Of a 3.63 english gamw without waiting for someone to dump it

pauloedsonjk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it can extract and decypt psv pkg like voxel says, modders and rom hackers doins translation ports might take interest on grabbing file assests and they wont have to wait for someone to dump it. If they already have japanese ones for example those whi already have a 3.60 japanese game and can just extract the pkg grab fron psn. Of a 3.63 english gamw without waiting for someone to dump it
We should remove PFS before.

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

pauloedsonjk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well thanks to St4rk's latest revision, you're now able to extract the PKG file as well as decrypt it.

View attachment 70768

The files seem to have the infamous PFS protection though, so there is almost pretty much nothing to do with these files. As a result, I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to install them either.
I do not know if anyone can install these files. In the past they used near, manual, party, and cma to remove this PFS encryption.
Mr.Gas method maybe could to help.

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

Last edited by pauloedsonjk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr