Hardware What can i do with a bricked 3DS XL?

pandavova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe wait for "New/Old 3/2DS UNIVERSAL Unbricker".... /s

(A little Question, i think Stupid but its a try: There are Ctrnand, could it be used as "Nand.bin"?)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe wait for "New/Old 3/2DS UNIVERSAL Unbricker".... /s

(A little Question, i think Stupid but its a try: There are Ctrnand, could it be used as "Nand.bin"?)
Need more info. How is it bricked? What kind of backups do you have? Are they encrypted or decrypted? Do you have xorpads for it?

If your ctrnand backup is encrypted, you might be able to do a hard mod, dump your nand, then inject the ctrnand into it and flash it back. If it's decrypted, you'd need an xorpad for your nand so you can decrypt it, then inject, then encrypt.

Otherwise, sell it for parts, or simply sell parts of it. Since you appear to have more of them, you can do what I did and save it forr its parts in case you break one of your other ones.

pandavova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Need more info. How is it bricked? What kind of backups do you have? Are they encrypted or decrypted? Do you have xorpads for it?

If your ctrnand backup is encrypted, you might be able to do a hard mod, dump your nand, then inject the ctrnand into it and flash it back. If it's decrypted, you'd need an xorpad for your nand so you can decrypt it, then inject, then encrypt.

Otherwise, sell it for parts, or simply sell parts of it. Since you appear to have more of them, you can do what I did and save it forr its parts in case you break one of your other ones.
Look in my Signatur... I used Sysupdater from 10.3 to 9.2 in the Old Days... In send it to Nintendo and they said the Motherboard or something similar is defect... When i find the Document, i post it here... Sadly i dont have a Nandbackup/Hardmod for the Bricked 3DS... And i mean this with any Version: *Click*
The Recovery Mode dont work... I only had Themehax so rip.... (Maybe i sell parts or use the Method from @migles ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Lol that gived me a idea! --> Just unscrew all things in there and put a HDD or a build a Hub in the Case... Or wait for the "Unbricker™, Coming Sooon™"....

pandavova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FeAxfO8.jpg

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: