What can I do with a 3ds 1.0.0-0E?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by richardparker, Nov 28, 2015.

1. richardparker
    OP

richardparker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2014
    India
    Swallowed up by the ocean!
    Guys I have an ancient o3ds 1.0.0-0E that i never updated because i wanted to play 3ds games on it using my r4 but now i think i am ready to get more awesome stuff like rx tols and devmenu to get free 3ds games in cias etc.Could anyone please tell me how to update my 3ds to 4.0-4.5 thingy and then get emunand and rxtools on it?i am a newcomer,so please excuse me for being a big NOOB.(i still don't know what emunande is.)

2. Rioluwott

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    With a retail cartidge you can update but it need to be 4.x search for a list
    DO NOT UPDATE PAST 4.5

samiam144 likes this.
  3. darklordrs

darklordrs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    I would help if I knew what you could do, but my question is who did you sell your soul to to acquire a 1.0.0 3DS holy crap

4. Drowze

Drowze Advanced Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Shit I'd like to see what kind of exploits people could find in that firmware...

5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I'd hardmod that and dump the NAND. I'm thinking that people on #3dsdev would kill for a decrypted 1.0.0 NAND image. There's probably tons of leftovers in it.

6. Suiginou

Suiginou (null)

Jun 26, 2012
    Gambia, The
    pc + 8
    Hardmodding can be skipped if @richardparker has Cubic Ninja because @Normmatt wrote a tool to dump NAND from Cubic Ninja.

Though, to repeat it for OP: Dump NAND first, do things later. You may be sitting on factory title gold.

Edit: Note that European Cubic Ninja ships with 1.1 (forcing an update on 1.0), so a hardmod would be preferable as not to overwrite data with the updates.

Last edited by Suiginou, Nov 28, 2015
    Syphurith likes this.
  7. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    In addition, I don't think 1.0.0 was RE'd as to see why the day 1 update had to be pushed since there were so many errors with the launch day games. Perhaps if this NAND can be dumped and examined, the cause of those day 1 crashes can be uncovered finally.

8. richardparker
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    India
    umm...guys? i didn't understand anything you guys said about hardmodding and stuff but please tell me how to update via cartridge?I don't have a gateway,all i have is an r4 sdhc dual core new.(white card)
    And i found my 1.0.0 3ds while digging around in my room looking for my Y.found both.
    i was about to sell it but then i thought...well gbatemp..and here i am,troubling you guys.
    xy oras don't work on it. the only game cartridge that works is this stupid monkey ball by sega. and the r4 also works,i use it to play pokemon blaze black 2 and stuff.

Last edited by richardparker, Nov 29, 2015
  9. Rioluwott

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    They are telling you to make a NAND dump to help devs to find a new exploit or something, you don´t need to dump it if you don´t want to
    you can update using these cartidges http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range
    don´t update past 4.5 hope this help you
    also you can use your r4 to install the mset exploit for gateway and make an emunand and then install the rxtools mset exploit and enjoy free games

EDIT: If you want to help the devs you need to make a NAND dump with a hardmod opening the 3ds and mess with the cables but i don´t know how exactly i have a bricked 3ds with a NAND dump but nobody near me can do hardmods

Last edited by Rioluwott, Nov 29, 2015
  10. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    there are people on gbatemp who will do it for you . . . assuming you are willing to pay for shipping and their time as well as that you would need to trust in temp
    let me know if you are interested i'll give you some names

11. SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob NOT a New Member

GBAtemp Patron
    SuzieJoeBob is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    Well... I never expecteded this kind of thread after all this time has passed. If I were in this situation, I would try to contact a reputable hacker in the scene, such as smea, to offer to buy the console for like $100 or trade for another (albeit updated) o3ds.

Being able to look at a console with the day 1 firmware version would allow for some interesting things. I am not necessarily saying that a billion kernel exploits to suddenly appear, but being able to figure out what Nintendo did to hastily make a 1.1.0 update would be rather interesting...

Drowze likes this.
  12. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    There are some who have first firmware versions of stuff. I still have a V1.00 JP PSP sealed.

13. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    From the few 1.0.0 units I have nand dumped there isn't many factory titles on them. Most of the factory titles came from systems that were sold with 3.x+ on them.

14. richardparker
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    India
    which means i wont have to update if i get the rxtools mset explot? and what kind of free games? xy and oras cartridges dont work on it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i would be happy to give them my NAND dump if anyone told me HOW to dump.but i cant sell it cuz i live in india ...

15. supercell_c

supercell_c Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    Do you happen to live in Mumbai? If so, I think we might be able to pull off a hardmod...

16. richardparker
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    India
    naah i live in new delhi and i can't ship or anything.i just need the simplest way to do it using an r4.

'also you can use your r4 to install the mset exploit for gateway and make an emunand and then install the rxtools mset exploit and enjoy free games'
    please tell me about this way looks great.

hey @Rioluwott will this work- https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-easy-rxtools-installation-with-r4-flashcard-on-fw-4-x.392591/ i have r4 sdhc.i can do this tutorial cuz it looks fairly easy.

17. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    This is in the wrong section. Also if you want to know how to do a hardware mod, just Google it.

18. Drowze

Drowze Advanced Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Please @richardparker, try to dump your nand or contact a couple hackers in this forum, you may be able to find someone willing to trade a already hacked 3DS for yours (I'd do it for instance, but I'm living in Europe atm and I'm not a hacker at all).

19. richardparker
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    India
    I'll be happy to dump the band IF ANYONE TOLD ME HOW TO!

20. Odran

Odran Sega Dreamcast... IT'S THINKING

Aug 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Rio De Janeiro
    I Wonder how many exploits have this version of nand...