Homebrew What can I do with a 10.1.27E old 3DS XL?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!

I didn't realize there was a second page. My fault.
Well, regardless of the case, you should never tell anyone to update to 10.5, since if their intention is to downgrade you're putting them SOL if they listen to you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think my tutorial is bad xD
I'm doing this, but this is in french http://www.gamergen.com/forums/vos-...-2ds-new-3ds-en-9-2-avec-rxtools-t711765.html

What I did from now : Downgraded to 9.2
Creating an Emunand with gateway thing

That's all
Did you already create your EmuNAND?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I did "Format Emunand" on Gateway 3ds Ultra
Well once you do that it wipes your entire SD card. Have you put all the files back on the SD card? Cause after a EmuNAND format, it's gonna be completely wipe.

If you're not sure what a NAND is yet I'll just leave a quick explanation down here.
So, you have your SD card where you store stuff, but the 3DS also has an internal flash storage known as "NAND". You can't really access your SysNAND, and messing with it is dangerous and can brick the console, that is why instead of using it, we make a fake NAND on our SD card, called EmuNAND. When you choose to format EmuNAND, it'll basically take a chunk (1 gig if you're on O3DS, 2 on New3DS) of space and make a separate partition - your EmuNAND. It copies everything from your SysNAND there in the process. By using EmuNAND we are completely safe (as long as we back it up every now and then) so even if we brick our EmuNAND, we can restore it easily whenever we want, whereas if we brick SysNAND, we must have a SysNAND backup AND a hardware modification that allows us to flash it.

ciicerron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the explanation, it explains why I got only 6.7GB free instead of 8 now.

So no, I did not put all the files back. I'm doing it now.

I don't have any RxTools.3dsx.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

1. Where can I get the CIAs for this? (I'm assuming I have to Google to find it?)
Read above the tutorial steps bro.
CIA STUFF:
Need some firmware CIAs and can't find them? Never fear. Even though I can't directly link them here, I can tell you that if you Goodle (including the quotation marks) "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)" you may just find what you're looking for. ;)
You can verify that you've gotten the right .zip file and that everything is okay by comparing the file's MD5 and SHA-1 hashes (generated on this great site) to this handy chart below.

ciicerron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My tuto says I must have this :
1451218143-frame-0-delay-2s.png

I have this but I don't have any of the menu, like RXMODE, DECRYPTION etc
And when I have INSTALLATION SUCCESSFUL, PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE, I go to menu and... nothing.

ciicerron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't launch it from HBL as I don't have the RxTools.3dsx.
But when I scan the QR code, I need to hold L?

Trying that.

EDIT : Well, nothing, no menu again.

Last edited by ciicerron,

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I just downgraded? The only problem I have is that my top screen is broken and doesn't show anything. I launched it, pressed Y and it sat there and the bottom screen went dark and it went back to the home menu. How can I tell if it's on 9.0 or not?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I solved the problem by deleting cache and data on browser.
Delete all your RxTools files.
Press the big blue download button at the top HERE (official RxTools nightly builds).
Place rxTools folder in SD root.
Open Ninjhax folder. Put that rxTools folder in your 3ds folder on SD.
Put the Tools folder on your desktop and get the firmware files, put the firm folder it gets inside sd/rxTools/.

Now you'll have it in the HBL. Hold L as you boot it from there.

I think I just downgraded? The only problem I have is that my top screen is broken and doesn't show anything. I launched it, pressed Y and it sat there and the bottom screen went dark and it went back to the home menu. How can I tell if it's on 9.0 or not?
Your top screen doesn't work at all? Are you sure about that?
You see your version in System Settings. Should say 9.2 on top screen in bottom right.

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrowserHax is not dead yet, so you should try that. If that doesnt work Sky3DS is your only choice, i believe

ciicerron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
... Now I want to boot Ctrbootmanager and it says "couldn't load arm9 payload". Don't know what to do..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse