Homebrew what can i do now with a banned switch

anobody

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it been almost a month since i got banned from my switch luckily i got a new switch but what can i do now with the old one. I got banned for pirating Nintendo switch game because i really didn't want to pay 60 dollars for the same game on a new console.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might be able to sell it, but it's probably going to be worth half as much since it's banned. I mean who wants a banned console!?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it been almost a month since i got banned from my switch luckily i got a new switch but what can i do now with the old one. I got banned for pirating Nintendo switch game because i really didn't want to pay 60 dollars for the same game on a new console.

Create the ultimate homebrew machine, buy 3 8tb drives on Amazon and create a huge collection of “backups”, play Pokémon until you vomit.

From my hbmenu installed page and my /switch directory (apologies to anyone whose app I don’t mention and in no particular order ):

Tinfoil
DBI
Tinwoo
Goldleaf
Hekate Toolbox
Homebrew App Store
Themezer-NX
NXThemesInstaller
Switch 90DNS tester
Tesla Menu
nx-ovlloader
ovl-sysmodule
Sysdvr Overlay
FastCFWswitch
shareNX-Overlay
Status-Monitor-Overlay
sys-clk-overlay
dns-mitm-manager
sys-clk
sys-clk Editor
sys-con
ldn_mitm
BeanNX Button Checker
nxmp
nxsh
pplay
sysdvr
emuiibo
amiigo
tegraexplorer
missioncontrol
switchident
fizeau
edizonSE
payloadlauncher
checkpoint
Linkhalo
lockpick_RCM
homebrew Details
jksv
neumann
TriPlayer
QuickNTP
argonnx
nx-activity-log
avatool (ban for changing avatar)
nx-btred
browseNX
nxdumptool
SaltyNX
SaltyNX-Tool
simpleModManager
SwitchNews
reverssenx-tool
nx-shell
sys ftpd light
Jc-color-swapper
consoleeditor
bootsoundNX
PowerTools
AIO Updater
Breeze
GIC
IconGrabber
NSPIndexer
Reboot to Payload
vgedit

here are a couple other places to look but I cant personally vouch for them running on your switch:

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_Switch_homebrew
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications

Enjoy the your trip down the rabbit hole!

Last edited by binkinator,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume it is modded rather than you trying it on with credit card chargebacks. Modded switches are quite desirable it seems these days (basic mods with current versions/udpates are hard to do, chips are expensive, newer models not doing so much either), and while many would probably prefer you pinky promise that you never did anything that would risk online (personally I roll with if you hack you lose online, anything you get between the hack and the ban is just a bonus. Some however seem to think if they say enough magic spells that they will stay online until the service dies which is... fantasy.) then eh.

Is online really that valuable for you? Paying (ew) for p2p (double ew) to have someone communicate in various ways how good a lay my mother is (meh) seems a pretty worthless bit of functionality.

Of course if you can't see past that and want to sell it to me for $50 for spares and repairs I will happily take it off your hands.

Reactions: nWo and Takokeshi

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you might be able to sell it, but it's probably going to be worth half as much since it's banned. I mean who wants a banned console!?

Online play with the switch is pretty crap anyway so people aren't missing much when it comes to being able to pirate the games on a banned system 🤣

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online play with the switch is pretty crap anyway so people aren't missing much when it comes to being able to pirate the games on a banned system 🤣
I only have online for the cloud saving. my first switch died, and I lost all saves since I wasn't a member of nso at the time. I won't that same mistake with any system ever again. :P

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
anything you want, you can play online using lan-play, install any homebrew you need and after you hombrew installed you can install any title you own/need.

Reactions: binkinator

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A banned unpatched switch can easily go for retail price. It's mainly because it's unpatched. At least that's what they were going for a year ago when i was looking for one. They would probably be around $250 now I'm guessing.

kenlee168

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I am using one cfw switch for solely non ninentdo online related feature without linking any nintendo acc and another switch for nintendo stuffs.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A banned unpatched switch can easily go for retail price. It's mainly because it's unpatched. At least that's what they were going for a year ago when i was looking for one. They would probably be around $250 now I'm guessing.
Even for banned consoles ?

Cuz selling banned consoles while hiding it is quite a shitty move

Reactions: sley and binkinator

kenlee168

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Its always best to treat a 2nd hand switch as it is dirty.

But lets say if unfortunately a buyer linked his/her acc on a banned switch, does it result in his/her acc being flagged and ban? or the ban is a solely console ban?

Reactions: Takokeshi

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even for banned consoles ?

Cuz selling banned consoles while hiding it is quite a shitty move
Hiding it would definitely be shitty, but I think the point was that even openly selling it as banned (and knocking something off the price accordingly), it would hold a good amount of value because it's unpatched. There'll be a lot of people who want easy hacking without paying for a modchip, and don't care about online play.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you might be able to sell it, but... who wants a banned console!?
Since you asked: me. I have no intention of ever playing Switch games online nor of ever paying for a Switch game. A banned (modded) Switch is precisely what I'm looking for. But not until I get bored with my 100% illegal N3DSXL.

Kouta928

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really? nintendo online sucks so hard, I don't even bother with the online functions and so do many many people xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE