What Can I Delete?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by loopyeyes, Jan 11, 2010.

Jan 11, 2010

What Can I Delete? by loopyeyes at 3:12 AM (692 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. loopyeyes
    OP

Newcomer loopyeyes Member

United States
    Hi, I was just downloading/hacking/using my SD card in general and I realized that my SD card is nearing its capacity, and that I had a lot of files that I'm pretty sure I don't need and just want to get rid of.

Here's a picture of the root of my SD.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5740/sd1q.png

Now, the things I know I want to get rid of are the files made when I made a NAND dump to use with triiforce (which never did work for me), because they seem to take up tons of space.

If anyone wants me to post more indepth pictures of my SD card just let me know what folders or files you want to see and I'll upload the pictures soon.

Thanks!

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Copy nand.bin and keys.bin to a safe place on your computer then delete them from your SD card.

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yea back those up to your pc in case of a brick and then you can remove them from the sd card.

Other than that, the 0000001 folder is just temporary stuff saved to the sd card like IOS files when you select download from NUSD in all of those apps you used to mod it in the first place. Can be removed now.

In the apps folder, you can remove any of the folders inside of apps that you don't use anymore. If you used something there to install something and already did it, it's done and doesn't need to be there anymore.

I take it you renamed the bootmii folder to bootmi so it doesn't autoboot when you turn on your wii. Keep that there, but if you do want to keep it named properly you can also use the bootmii configuration editor app to set up autobooting with a delay or something and such so you wouldn't have to take the sd card out to be able to get to bootmii if need be.

The codes folder has the .gct files for any set of cheats you enabled and stuff like that. Can leave that if you want to keep the cheats.

config I think has settings for like usb loader GX or some usb loader. Keep if you use one.

Not sure what's in that freespace2 folder though I don't imagine it being anything terribly important.

images should have like cover art and such in it for usb loaders.

private has any vc games or game saves that you transferred to the sd card through data management, and if you didn't transfer anything it's probably just bannerbomb and can be removed.

txtcodes should have text files for all of the cheats available for the games you have which will show up in those cheat code managers and such for when you're selecting what cheats to use. (Then the ones you choose get made into a .gct and put in the codes folder as said above.)

The wad folder has any wad's you installed in it. Once you install a wad you don't need to keep it on the SD card. You should keep wad's of games and such that you install at least on your pc just in case you ever want to uninstall it, but you don't need any IOS wad's or system menu wad's if they are already installed. You don't ever want to uninstall those. The only reason you should keep the channel wads you have is because deleting them through data management won't delete the tickets of the channel from your system so if you want to delete the channel properly, you uninstall the wad, but even then it doesn't need to be on the card until you actually do it so you can just back it up and remove the folder.

boot.elf is probably the hackmii installer, and you shouldn't need it anymore since you already installed the HBC.

installer.txt is just a log file made when you installed it. Doesn't need to be on the card either.

Not exactly sure where those other files are from, but there shouldn't be anything like NECESSARY among that. Most likely just some folders made from certain other applications that you used, and like config type of files for them that just has like saved settings and what not in it or something of the sort.

4. loopyeyes
    OP

Newcomer loopyeyes Member

United States
    That is way more in depth than anything I was even hoping for. Thank you sooo much! This really helped a lot.