What can be done with a 9.00 PS4 Slim?

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've generally stuck to using my Modded Switch for alot and my Xbox One S for the few things in emulation that bogs down the Switch. i took notice of the 9.00 exploit back in december and have generally left it alone (by going as far for the time being, banning it's MAC Address in my router [i only ever used it over wifi] disabled the connection on the system as far as removing the SSID . I didn't want to leave to chance to be in a rushy mood to do something where i might just go " *spam x to get prompts outta the way* to play something.

i didnt much care for anything online ( and barely portal knights if at that.. ) and since building a newer pc i had even less care to use my ps4 online for FFXIV when i had a mood of "Couch gaming." and just recently-ish my second profile which had far more games than the first one was banned (save editing.) my mood was just flat gone on caring about online play. and the last reason i pretty much left as it was for now was FF7 Remake. given theres rumors out, leaked info on it (which i take with a grain of salt on it) and how the latest handfull of titles from SE are only targeting the PS5 now that things are ever so slightly calming down, i just dont see FF7R part 2 targeting the PS4 or rather it'll prob perform as haphazardly shite as Cyberpunk did.

it's still on 9.00, no idea if at this point if the console was banned or not, and i only just dusted the system off after picking up "The Cruel King and the Great Hero" for 40$,

i can tell obviously theres Emulation, ( i dont know what a Non pro could run much more than the switch in term of emulation outside n64/dreamcast that the switch cant or rather better than the switch.. , i heard there is linux distros that you can run, but i hadnt looked at it how the performance is like for non pros as the only thing i know that its Worse on pro's due to drivers, and the newest titles i have my my collection physically or digitally, are 9.00 playable [ Both Nier titles, FF7R part 1, and The Cruel King and the Great Hero ] ,

are there self-hosts out for the 9.00 exploit? ( as well as ones that can run on linux, as i have a NAS that runs a small webserver on my network) is it pretty much like HEN on PS3? (I.E. somewhat limited), i assume theres small brick risks, are there easy guides much like there is out there for Wii, WiiU, Switch n 3DS modding guides? and generally what can you do w/ a 9.00 PS4?

pojes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've generally stuck to using my Modded Switch for alot and my Xbox One S for the few things in emulation that bogs down the Switch. i took notice of the 9.00 exploit back in december and have generally left it alone (by going as far for the time being, banning it's MAC Address in my router [i only ever used it over wifi] disabled the connection on the system as far as removing the SSID . I didn't want to leave to chance to be in a rushy mood to do something where i might just go " *spam x to get prompts outta the way* to play something.

i didnt much care for anything online ( and barely portal knights if at that.. ) and since building a newer pc i had even less care to use my ps4 online for FFXIV when i had a mood of "Couch gaming." and just recently-ish my second profile which had far more games than the first one was banned (save editing.) my mood was just flat gone on caring about online play. and the last reason i pretty much left as it was for now was FF7 Remake. given theres rumors out, leaked info on it (which i take with a grain of salt on it) and how the latest handfull of titles from SE are only targeting the PS5 now that things are ever so slightly calming down, i just dont see FF7R part 2 targeting the PS4 or rather it'll prob perform as haphazardly shite as Cyberpunk did.

it's still on 9.00, no idea if at this point if the console was banned or not, and i only just dusted the system off after picking up "The Cruel King and the Great Hero" for 40$,

i can tell obviously theres Emulation, ( i dont know what a Non pro could run much more than the switch in term of emulation outside n64/dreamcast that the switch cant or rather better than the switch.. , i heard there is linux distros that you can run, but i hadnt looked at it how the performance is like for non pros as the only thing i know that its Worse on pro's due to drivers, and the newest titles i have my my collection physically or digitally, are 9.00 playable [ Both Nier titles, FF7R part 1, and The Cruel King and the Great Hero ] ,

Are there self-hosts available for The Tablofy on the 9.00 exploit? (as well as ones that can run on Linux, as I have a NAS that runs a small web server on my network) Is it pretty much like HEN on PS3? (I.E. somewhat limited), I assume there's small brick risks. Are there easy guides much like there is out there for Wii, WiiU, Switch, and 3DS modding guides? And generally, what can you do w/ a 9.00 PS4 with The Tablofy?
Hello. I'm in the market for a new PS4 slim console and the prices are just ridiculous, 460$ minimum for the 500gb version here in the middle east, that's absurd, am not buying a last gen console for that price, so my last hope is to look at the used market and the best i could find is 350$ used, but thing is am not sure how the owner used his console or how many years its been used, i'v spoke to most of them but i get a sense they'r lying just so they can get a sale.... anyway

My biggest fear is the harddrive health, people here install and delete games liek crazy in a short time and all that data write can degrade a hard drive health resulting in performane issues, now, they did give me a warrenty of about a week after purchase so if i find anythng i can get my money back but idono...

what are you guys opinion on buying used consoles ?

Last edited by pojes,

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm in the market for a new PS4 slim console and the prices are just ridiculous, 460$ minimum for the 500gb version here in the middle east, that's absurd, am not buying a last gen console for that price, so my last hope is to look at the used market and the best i could find is 350$ used, but thing is am not sure how the owner used his console or how many years its been used, i'v spoke to most of them but i get a sense they'r lying just so they can get a sale.... anyway

My biggest fear is the harddrive health, people here install and delete games liek crazy in a short time and all that data write can degrade a hard drive health resulting in performane issues, now, they did give me a warrenty of about a week after purchase so if i find anythng i can get my money back but idono...

thats only in relation to SSD's, Mechanical drives dont really have that particular limit. dont hold back on that alone. ((besides you can get a Laptop 2.5inch drive for dirt cheap and slap it in the 4. (atleast AFAIK, 4 Slims use that formfactor.)

the only thing you might want to worry is the environment its been in (high humidity, really dusty, if it was a smoker's home etc.) and if it was left on 24/7 n never turned off /slept. (at which point unless your getting a deal, be ready to do minor repairs or atleast replacing thermal paste n Pads. )

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have bought 4 ps4 2 pro and 2 fats all used., 2 were in great condition and the others needed a little bit of service. the first one i bought was a fat for $140 at a pawnshop, it had a dent on the case, loud noises from the fan and it was over heating, and the disc drive was not taking disc. good cleaning and new thermal paste fix all. its a 9.00 ive had for over 2 years and still going strong.the other work fine with not noises nor overheating as far as i have tested them.

frostieff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your looking for an easy way to jailbreak your PS4 i follow MODDEDWARFARE's channel. His explanations and walk through is easy to follow and precise. You can use mods, cheats and pirate on the 9.0

He even has a video explaining the different type of hosts. Give his channel a try.

Last edited by frostieff,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup