Touhou Project Fanclub

What brought you into the Touhou fandom and when?

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I first "joined" the fandom in around May last year thanks to the famous Bad Apple!! music video. After seeing all the devices that it got ported to, I wanted to know more about the source material of the video, which led me down a little rabbit whole which I do not regret going into. Consider this the first thing that got me interested in the series.

A short while later, I downloaded the Taisei Project (a FOSS Touhou fangame) which would be the first foray into the STG's. Haven't beaten it, but it's probably because I haven't played in a while :‎p

So yeah, what brought you into the Touhou rabbit hole?

Reactions: 64bitmodels

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i watched videos of popular youtubers playing perfect cherry blossom. i think it was like, back in 2015? and i saw a shitton of memes and iosys songs. I played the games, i liked them (imperishable night is my favorite so far) and i've just been finding fun fangames. crazy how ZUN let luna nights get on switch and xbox.

Reactions: Wavy

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
crazy how ZUN let luna nights get on switch and xbox.
ZUN is known to be very relaxed when it comes to fan content, which includes commercial fan games such as Luna Nights. If you go to the Switch eShop and search for Touhou, you'll find a good hand full of games - even one of the official fighting games that ZUN helped to produce (AoCF).

imperishable night is my favorite so far
Ditto. IN has the best general theme, music, and cast of all the games.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

ThisGuyOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fumos and I played EOSD around 2017. It was one of the hardest games I've ever played at the time due to never playing a shump before.
After a while I really got into the fandom and started to actively shilling it in almost every discord server I was in.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
youtube memes from ~2010 mostly (spawned from my first anime of lucky star and looking up remixes of the characters in it and going down the mad's and various songs rabbit hole) if not this then mario wouldve brought me to the nico nico douga auto-mario video and that wouldve done it and if not for that then rhythm games wouldve done it

in conclusion it happened pretty early but it wouldve happened regardless

Reactions: ThisGuyOG and Wavy

Bunjolio

what do i put here
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I first "joined" the fandom in around May last year thanks to the famous Bad Apple!! music video. After seeing all the devices that it got ported to, I wanted to know more about the source material of the video, which led me down a little rabbit whole which I do not regret going into. Consider this the first thing that got me interested in the series.

A short while later, I downloaded the Taisei Project (a FOSS Touhou fangame) which would be the first foray into the STG's. Haven't beaten it, but it's probably because I haven't played in a while :‎p

So yeah, what brought you into the Touhou rabbit hole?
mayb the music i dont remeber but i like tohoyuwe

Reactions: Wavy

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: