What brand les paul should I buy?

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Supposedly cables do NOT matter what so ever. Monster cables were compared to coat hanger wire and not a single person (audiophiles and regular folk) could tell the difference. The only thing you really pay for with your cables is build quality/how long they will last. Sound quality is not effected a single iota.
so true : )
i've been using a lot of cables in my life, a lot of different ones... like different in length, color,... : ) and they all sound the same xD some artist even got signature instrument cables (yes!)... so, don't believ that crap kids, buy the good cables because they last, not because they sound better.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
underpressure116 said:
Then get your friend to take you to any music store. You need to play it. It would be pretty silly to buy a guitar without knowing what it feels like or if the sound variations work for whatever you are doing. You must play. :-P
Well I don't have friends (has I have said before I'm home schooled
frown.gif
) I'm just trying to figure out how money much I need to save, though I can't buy it till I go to college
cry.gif

My mom:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6RVJxR-aPI0

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
underpressure116 said:
Bob Loblaw said:

And very slightly cables (don't buy into Monster go with something like Proco Lifelines) and speakers/cabinets.

Supposedly cables do NOT matter what so ever. Monster cables were compared to coat hanger wire and not a single person (audiophiles and regular folk) could tell the difference. The only thing you really pay for with your cables is build quality/how long they will last. Sound quality is not effected a single iota.

Yeah. I definitely don't doubt it. They do effect sound quality but very very slightly. For instance I've actually noticed that monster cables seem to cut the sound out. A damping almost. And ProCo seem to add a brightness. Normal people wouldn't people be able to tell. Only sound sound tech geeks or people who are OCD about their guitar sound like I am. But like you said it's very hard to notice because most times if you use distortion it will cover up any change in sound that cables affect so it's unnoticeable. Or even your speaker cabinet style, which affects sound very slightly, can cover it up.

As for cables lasting, basically all companies offer lifetime warranties now. So you don't have to worry too much about it.

SonicSlasher go to Guitar center like underpressure said. They will have a large variety of guitars to try out. They will also meet prices. So if you see the guitar cheaper in a musicians friend catalog or something bring it in. Tell her you want to start a christian rock group.

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
underpressure116 said:
Bob Loblaw said:

And very slightly cables (don't buy into Monster go with something like Proco Lifelines) and speakers/cabinets.

Yeah. I definitely don't doubt it. They do effect sound quality but very very slightly. For instance I've actually noticed that monster cables seem to cut the sound out. A damping almost. And ProCo seem to add a brightness. Normal people wouldn't people be able to tell. Only sound sound tech geeks or people who are OCD about their guitar sound like I am. But like you said it's very hard to notice because most times distortion will cover up any change in sound that cables affect so it's unnoticeable. Or even your speaker cabinet style, which affects sound very slightly, can cover it up.

SonicSlasher go to Guitar center like underpressure said. They will have a large variety of guitars to try out. They will also meet prices. So if you see the guitar cheaper in a musicians friend catalog or something bring it in.
it depends where you use the cable. the environment plays a big role.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest, if you're just learning, get an acoustic. Not only can you get a really nice acoustic for pretty cheap (in your price range and below), it also infinitely helps with your technique when you get good enough for an electric. Make sure you get an all wood acoustic though. Those laminate ones feel, look, and sound like crap.

A guitar is very organic. If you get an all wood guitar, you can hear is age and mature as you age and become better and better. The sound just gets better and better too.

I recently bought a 12-String Seagull acoustic made of all Cedar and I'm completely in love with it. Cedar is a much softer wood and it has a fairly bright sound compared to mahogany, but just make sure you play it before you buy it so you know whether or not it turns you on.

BTW, if you get an acoustic, it won't seem quite so "rock." Just learn some bad religious songs. Just 3 or 4 chords and your good for hundreds of songs. Then, when she asks what you're playing to sing her "Our God is an Awesome God" and practice your real playing when you get some alone time. That solves your money problem, learning problem, and mom problem. ;-)

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
underpressure116 said:
I would suggest, if you're just learning, get an acoustic. Not only can you get a really nice acoustic for pretty cheap (in your price range and below), it also infinitely helps with your technique when you get good enough for an electric. Make sure you get an all wood acoustic though. Those laminate ones feel, look, and sound like crap.

A guitar is very organic. If you get an all wood guitar, you can hear is age and mature as you age and become better and better. The sound just gets better and better too.

I recently bought a 12-String Seagull acoustic made of all Cedar and I'm completely in love with it. Cedar is a much softer wood and it has a fairly bright sound compared to mahogany, but just make sure you play it before you buy it so you know whether or not it turns you on.

BTW, if you get an acoustic, it won't seem quite so "rock." Just learn some bad religious songs. Just 3 or 4 chords and your good for hundreds of songs. Then, when she asks what you're playing to sing her "Our God is an Awesome God" and practice your real playing when you get some alone time. That solves your money problem, learning problem, and mom problem. ;-)

God dammit I'm not a christ fag.....Oh but I do have a 20 year old Guild acoustic that is really good for a beginner guiter
biggrin.gif
But not as good as my dad's $2,100 martin acoustic, he let me play it...once!

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Well within your price range I would say an epiphone les paul ultra. Great value les paul with genuine playability. I have a couple of mates who stand by theirs. Trust me I work in a guitar shop.

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to work in a guitar shop as well : ) we even were fender seller 2005 : ) or was it 2004? xD
yes the epi les paul ultra is a good choice. but i'm a stratman though : )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup