What are your views on gay marriage?

Do you think gay marriage should be legal?

• Yes, gay marriage should be legal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, gay marriage should not be legal.

• I don't really care either way.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Me too...
tongue.gif

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why should rights be granted based on what or who a person has sex with? if gay marriage should be legal, why not polygamy? Marriage is defined as a union between man and woman. It's that simple. if they want to have rights to legally assign thier insurance policies etc to thier gay lover that's between them and thier own business. changing the definition to bend exisiting laws and inconsistacies is not the way to go about things.

It has long been established that the healthiest environment for a child to be raised in is with a father and mother 2 parent houshold. If it is legally acceptable for a man to marry a man, and as a recognised legal couple of 2, a gay married couple would then have legal momentum to challenge an adoption agency to adopt a child, putting the child at risk of not being able to be raised in the most prestine of conditions. would aman and man be suitable parents? perhaps, perhaps not... either way a 20/20 special has already addressed the issue, and the results were astoundingly against same sex couples with children; most importantly, the children of the couples were against the unions.

Put simply, legalizing gay marriage jeopradizes other institutions intertwined with the basic laws of marriage at hand. A plethora of loopholes will have to be sewn if prop 8 does not pass.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lord Kanti said:
why should rights be granted based on what or who a person has sex with? if gay marriage should be legal, why not polygamy? Marriage is defined as a union between man and woman. It's that simple. if they want to have rights to legally assign thier insurance policies etc to thier gay lover that's between them and thier own business. changing the definition to bend exisiting laws and inconsistacies is not the way to go about things.

It has long been established that the healthiest environment for a child to be raised in is with a father and mother 2 parent houshold. If it is legally acceptable for a man to marry a man, and as a recognised legal couple of 2, a gay married couple would then have legal momentum to challenge an adoption agency to adopt a child, putting the child at risk of not being able to be raised in the most prestine of conditions. would aman and man be suitable parents? perhaps, perhaps not... either way a 20/20 special has already addressed the issue, and the results were astoundingly against same sex couples with children; most importantly, the children of the couples were against the unions.

Put simply, legalizing gay marriage jeopradizes other institutions intertwined with the basic laws of marriage at hand. A plethora of loopholes will have to be sewn if prop 8 does not pass.
How can you say that? Most marriages have a 65% of failure. You thinks that a good environment for a child? It does not matter if the parents are the same sex, as long as the parents love the child.

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please take the time to use google and do a little research on what the best environment for a child is.

or better yet, take a child development class and get back to me.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lord Kanti said:
Please take the time to use google and do a little research on what the best environment for a child is.

Penn and Tellers bullshit has gone though and shown a child raised by gay parents turn out just the same as a child raised by both a mom and dad, actually probably turn out more then normal as gay parents are less likely to argue then straight parents imho.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lord Kanti said:

You made the claim, you back it up. That's how these things work. I don't owe you my time to research everthing you say just because you said it.

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Banger said:
Lord Kanti said:

Penn and Tellers bullshit (as would any other source) has gone though and shown a child raised by gay parents turn out just the same as a child raised by both a mom and dad, actually probably turn out more then normal as gay parents are less likely to argue then straight parents imho.

Crap I ment to edit, if a mod wants they can merge the two topics or delete the other one for a fix

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lord Kanti said:

Translation: I dont have a source

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So Pen and Teller are the autority on child rearing...

Every child development book I have used states that the healthiest environment for child rearing is with a mother father 2 parent household. As an educator I can assure you that this is common knowledge in the field. Considering that you do not believe me I will have to take the time to gather specific sources for you to 'read.' pardon me for not having a source available for you within the last 8 minutes, one day you will learn adhd will not get you far when compiling a research document.

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually the are pretty good at showing both sides of a situation, they might not be 100% perfect but show me someone that is and I will show you someone thats full of shit...No one should care what someone else does unless it effects them and I am sorry gay marriages do not effect 99% of us.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Lord Kanti said:
Every child development book I have used states that the healthiest environment for child rearing is with a mother father 2 parent household.
Would you have used a book that said anything else?
good point. Just because its in a book doesn't mean its true. Its called a bias. To prove any of us wrong you need to need to have actually numbers from a reliable and an unbalanced source.

FYI: this was aimed toward lord kanti not destructobot

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about change the laws and remove the term "marriage" from it. Replace it with a specific legal term for such a union of individuals. In doing so it can provide homosexuals the same rights as everyone else and let the religious people keep their holy matrimony.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lord Kanti said:

1. Early on laws stated that marriage was between 2 people.
2. It has not been "established" that a marriage between two straight people is better at parenting that is untrue. No matter how much research you do on something like that, it is total bs. A study of this nature would not be nearly as true as they make it out to be because of biased people doing them and because no matter if you are gay or straight a great parent will always be a great parent and a horrible one will be horrible. A bad environment comes from how the parents act not who they love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum