What are your thoughts on all those "low fi study beats" videos?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
For a while now, low fi study beat compilations of soothing music with slow, predictable beats have become popular on YouTube. Every time I check, there's at least two or three on the front page of YouTube, be it just normal music, or game themed. I'm wondering how many people here listen to those and use them for actual studying/work/focusing, given how prevalent they are.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Not my cup of tea... yet.
The slow beat seems relaxing, but to me, the faster the music, the faster I work. My playlists are techno, AC/DC, DragonForce, and some occasional german disco here and there. I could probably get myself to go through a whole song and get into it, but for now it's just, well, new

For those of you who do like it: it's a really good genre. If you're a musician, I suggest you make more of it. I want to get into it at some point. Add some nice melodies here or there and I could definitely listen to it. I like melodies.

D

Deleted User

Back in my University days, I listened to the older versions of Lo-Fi, basically just called Electronic Music at the time.
Most of my records were Café del Mar releases and, nowadays, I think they call themselves Chillout Music.

The Genre is continually changing, so I'm not sure what this will be called in the future.

What I found was that for Designing and Writing, I really couldn't focus with Music that has Lyrics I understand.
As such, for those Study settings, I would either choose Tracks in a Language I don't or Instrumental.

That said, I find EDM Instrumentals give me the best performance in doing Creative Work that isn't Writing.
The Euphoric nature of the Genre really lends well to getting things done and giving you a sense of satisfaction in Task Completion.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For a while now, low fi study beat compilations of soothing music with slow, predictable beats have become popular on YouTube. Every time I check, there's at least two or three on the front page of YouTube, be it just normal music, or game themed. I'm wondering how many people here listen to those and use them for actual studying/work/focusing, given how prevalent they are.
Lo-Fi is a gente I'm aware of, and I admit having some favourite singers. But those "Low-Fi Beats for Studying" ain't my thing. I've never heard any of those videos and I never will.

Speaking of which:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In my personal opinion, Low-Fi is going to be one more cringy thing that I will inevitably avoid in the future. I've been hearing some groups since 2008 but meh, I'm more into Trip-Hop.

Like, people (stupid teens) will be: "HuUuuR I oNlY gEt rElaxEd wiTh LoWfAy mY lIfe sUckS i LosT 1 FollOwer on InsTagrAm I nEed mY StarBucKs cAppUchIno aNd LoWfAy BesT gEnre EvEr"

:mellow:

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There okay, they hit my mix every once in awhile. If you like them you should sub My analog journal. Same vibe, higher quality.

Reactions: Thardus

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I could see how they might be good for studying, but for work I find that it's often a lot easier to get things done with something that has better pacing/more energy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: