Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by cloudfe, Mar 24, 2015.
I personally like Eurogamer very much, but I'd like to hear your opinion.
Ok, except Gbatemp
News? GBAtemp. Can't be assed to look out for news anywhere else.
Reviews? my own two eyes. Look up some gameplay videos and see if you like it, reviews are pretty pointless.
Me. I have awesome taste in gaems.
I personally like Tiny Cartridge and Siliconera, mostly because they post news rather than pushing pencils around trying to think of cringeworthy editorials to publish.
Basically anywhere will tell me if the mechanicals are good. I leave it to myself to figure out what I think of the rest.
IGN.com, m8. G.O.A.T.
D) None of the above.
I mostly look at user reviews over anything else when it comes to reviews of games.
I like to pay attention to bigger review sites because, as someone who wants to go into media journalism, I like to pay attention to all sources of review.
However, I feel like you get a lot more honesty and realism from someone individually reviewing a game. Take our site for example, even though we get copies of games, that doesn't ever influence our decision in score.
I trust all of our reporters and staff's opinion over most bigger sites, but I still think the bigger sites are something you should pay attention to.
TLDR, Pretty much everywhere, mostly more indie sites/user reviews.
EDIT: oh I completely forgot news.
I actually find 99% of my news through twitter feeds. The other 1% is just me searching for it.
Twitter is easily the best source of all information though, it's quick tidbits that allow me to follow a multitude of sources of consistent updates in the industry.
Apart from friends and the 'temp, Metacritic. While it's not perfect ("all follow the herd, hurhur"), it does give a fairly large amount of sites to watch. If the title is niche, Google is your friend.
GBATemp and Gamenesia
It'd have to be GBATemp.. Everywhere else has unnecessary posts about irrelevant items advertising outdated objects.
I would say Kotaku, if it were my last resort.
Anything that doesn't come from Kotaku or Polygon.
I read romhacking.net and unseen64.net.
GoNintendo tends to report on a lot more press kits/images/videos and released and little things like that than other Nintendo sites. I think. So I trust it for that.
The Temp of GBA