• Total voters

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bors Melee, Pokemon Colosseum and XD, Starfox Adventures, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Mortal Kombat Deception, Madden NFL 2003. I haven't played a lot of GC games, so...
Still some very good choices! Colosseum had a weird story line, so I was only 'slightly' a fan of it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super Smash Bros Melee. Probably the game I clocked the most (thousands of) hours in.

Paper Mario TTYD

Baten Kaitos

Tales of Symphonia

FF Crystal Chronicles

Wind Waker, Pikmin, Mega Man X collection

...a lot. I'm sure there's more, that's just off the top of my head. I loved a TON of games from the gamecube era.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
When someone says Gamecube the first thing that comes to my mind are Super Smash Bros Melee(which was the reason to get mine in the first place) and Mario Kart Double Dash.
I also deeply enjoyed The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess(my first Zelda game), The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, Metroid Prime(just the first one, the second is convoluted as hell and never finished it. I will someday, I promise), Pokemon XD and Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door(man, I really enjoyed this one).

Reactions: Xanthe

froatsnook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sadly never owned a GameCube (but love(d) all my other nintendo consoles), so this topic is very interesting. I remember being at my friend's house and seeing him play what I later found out was Pikmin for a couple minutes. It looked VERY weird at the time.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sadly never owned a GameCube (but love(d) all my other nintendo consoles), so this topic is very interesting. I remember being at my friend's house and seeing him play what I later found out was Pikmin for a couple minutes. It looked VERY weird at the time.
The NGC was pretty great for exclusives. Though, when it came to third-party games, the Xbox versions were generally better.

froatsnook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NGC was pretty great for exclusives. Though, when it came to third-party games, the Xbox versions were generally better.

Same for Wii and Wii U, I think!

I think I'm most excited to try Super Mario Sunshine. I love 3d mario platformers (why is there no New Super Mario Land Plus Brothers 2 for 3ds??).

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same for Wii and Wii U, I think!
I can't say I share the same opinion. I enjoyed a few games on the Wii and Wii U, but they're few and far between compared to previous Nintendo consoles. The thing that killed it for me were the gimmicky controls. Some games did them well, for the most part, but then others were nonsense. Some even had a mix of both. For the most part I was fine with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, but then the grappling and switches were irritating nonsense.

froatsnook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say I share the same opinion. I enjoyed a few games on the Wii and Wii U, but they're few and far between compared to previous Nintendo consoles. The thing that killed it for me were the gimmicky controls. Some games did them well, for the most part, but then others were nonsense. Some even had a mix of both. For the most part I was fine with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, but then the grappling and switches were irritating nonsense.

While I can enjoy a motion-controlled gaming session with friend every once in a while, I have also been annoyed by motion controls a few times on the Wii. But there were still some awesome exclusives! On the other hand, I can't really compare with the previous Nintendo consoles since I didn't have a gamecube and I was too young to make purchasing decisions for the N64 (and missed a ton of good games).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM