Not open for further replies.

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last year I took a ancestry DNA test. Have you ever done this? You should share it here so that we can see where your ancestors came from! I'll start first!

myheritagesmall.png

Last edited by PanTheFaun,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm 1/4th Swedish, at least my family on my mom's side goes back to at least the 1600s there, supposedly. Then I'm half Iranian, with no idea how to trace the more intricate details of it. There's some English in there, too, from a part of my family that came to Britain at one point. I'd love to do a DNA test one day, just to see how wild my middle eastern roots are.

Reactions: PanTheFaun

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 1/4th Swedish, at least my family on my mom's side goes back to at least the 1600s there, supposedly. Then I'm half Iranian, with no idea how to trace the more intricate details of it. There's some English in there, too, from a part of my family that came to Britain at one point. I'd love to do a DNA test one day, just to see how wild my middle eastern roots are.
That's cool but sadly sometimes family can be incorrect about their origins. My family said that I also had German ancestors but that turned out to be false. :c

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
That's cool but sadly sometimes family can be incorrect about their origins. My family said that I also had German ancestors but that turned out to be false. :c
I've at least done the Ancestry records that do confirm my family was in Sweden in around the 1700s, and I have documents from my dad's side that go back at least 3 generations in Abadan Iran, but outside of that, yeah, it could be murky where the rest of my family originates, at least until I pay for another month of Ancestry to check trees :P

Reactions: PanTheFaun

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always wanted to do one of these, but I've always been too nervous to — there are few laws protecting your DNA, and their policies allow them to retain it for as long as they want. I think I'll wait for more consumer protections to arise in this area before I bite the bullet. :unsure:

As far as my ancestry goes, I'm apparently very Czech (like, 50%) and I think the rest is a combination of Irish and Italian. :P
(So basically, my ancestors were probably not at all liked when they came to America. :rofl2:)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought corporations didn't have enough information on me. I should give them my DNA. And maybe my medical history while I'm at it.

Reactions: TankedThomas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1