What are your ambitions? are you happy with your life?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, first of all, university isnt necessarily getting you a highpaid job. really, fewer and fewer people end up in a line of work that actually requires their earned degree. and more and more people end up in dept thats most likely going to remain with them for the rest of their life.
apart from that, people want money because it gives you freedom. health, safety, social inclusion. if you have money, you can literally buy peace of mind and the time needed to look for the important things. money doesnt have to make you happy. it simply affords you the freedom and time to actively look for happiness.

i have little to no money to spend on myself or even save up for emergencies. i literally havent paid for clothes in decades, its all handouts and old stuff. my shoes are breaking apart and not being able to buy a new pair is certainly not making me happy. in addition to that, knowing that by wearing these breaking down pieces of crap or whatever really cheap substitute i'll eventually have to pay for, i'll, in the long term, destroy my feet even more, meaning i can look forward pain whenever i have to stand on my feet, isnt a source of happiness either.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My ambitions in life currently are to find a well paying job so I don't have to work full time to live happily.
Long term i'd like to become a psychologist but that's a hell of an expensive dream from where I am now.
Otherwise I really don't know what career i'd like to get into in the meantime. Accounting or something probably. Something easy but well paying like that.

People who think money doesn't equal happiness are truly insane or just completely full of shit.

Money absolutely equals happiness. Is it the only thing that matters? No of course not but for everything except love, money can get you it.
If you had a billion dollars, you'd be infinitely happier than if you hovered around 200 in the bank all the time.
Wanna go on a trip around the world? easy
Sky dive? easy
Go to SPACE? easy

Money would even make finding love easier because you'd have much more time to do it. Assuming you don't let your career rule you and tbh if you do, you probably don't care too much about love to begin with.

I have shitty teeth but i'm way too poor to afford to fix them. If I was rich? Easy peasy. Visit a top dentist and tell him to fix me up.
Tons of people have weight problems because good food is more expensive (especially in the US). Got money? Eat better AND healthier.
Can't chase any big careers i've always wanted because most of them come with such crippling debt it's just impossible to achieve without already having a solid income or bank full of cash.
So, so much more.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Money is nice, but my main drive is the desire to understand and learn. Of course, I won't be able to understand everything, but if I end up having someone to pass on my understanding and curiosity to, I will be satisfied.

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I recently got this job and find myself with lots of potential for improvement and a solid job that will last me until I die, it gets kind of boring and the swing 12 hour shifts can leave me without sleep. I have the most perfect girlfriend and she supports this hectic job and hours, she's more than I could ever ask for. Hell, even on my free time SR'ing for shiny legendary Pokemon, she doesn't judge me or try to interrupt something that I enjoy. So yeah, even with a brutal work schedule, I am happy with my life.

I think maybe my only regret is giving up on music too easily. Used to love playing it, but without friends and motivation, kind of seemed totally not fun. My only ambition is to find what music that I enjoy again, and let it steer me into beautiful creative bliss.

raystriker

The powers that be
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
"Everyone I know is trying to get into a university which slingshots you directly into a 100k job."
100k job upon graduating?
Under and post grad. I actually meant it as a figure of speech. Though 100k usd salaries aren't unheard of in India. (Very few)Students from are own institute of technologies get offers of 1 to 2 crore rupees (more than 100k USD )

Last edited by raystriker,

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
People who think money doesn't equal happiness are truly insane or just completely full of shit.

Can money bring back Dead Parents?.
Can money bring back my dead dog?.
Is the money able to turn me into a hyper multiverse level god?.

And so on, there are people who are living happily without any source of money, as long as they have a family, as long as they have peace between them, is more than enough for plenty of communities, if you call those kind of people insane or full of shit, is probably that you're projecting yourself through those persons, making YOU a person full of shit ;)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
to be so rich that the bill gates and the google founders bank account look like @Tom Bombadildo heart.... empty.

its not the money i want, which would be nice.... but if i have that much money it means ive done something big the in tech world and not won the super rollover euro millions lottery, and didn't just get lucky.

Last edited by Flame,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Me only goal in life is to make me boyfriend happy.
Him happy is me happy.

I won't live a long life anyway so fuck it, I'll do what I'll please.

As for me "ambitions"
Living together, get a job at the gamestore me brother is opening and participating in the London - Ulaanbator rally.
Only 3 things I'm really keen on right now.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Having money does indeed help make one happy but it doesn't buy happiness.

It's like, a guy buying loads of gifts for his girlfriend but she only really likes him for the materialistic items.

EDIT: "To" for "for".

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm happy but confused.

So many things happened that I never thought would happen and because of them, I'm turning into a better person. I'm losing my fears and caring less about small stupid things.
But I've spent quite a lot of time sad and depressed, and I can't stop thinking about it, and that takes away a bit of the happiness, I can't stop thinking about how shitty life can be even though it's doing very good right now. I can't stop thinking about how useless living is even though I'm having fun, and sometimes, I even want to try to kill myself again, which is something I've promised I would never do.

I thought this year would be complete shit, but it's turning out to be good, even though I'll have absolutely no friends at school and even though my family is fighting a lot.

I don't really know what I want to do with life, my main plan is just to follow what everyone does. Graduate out of school, go to a university, get a job, marry, and get a family. But that sounds too boring, it's not really what I want to do with my life.
December last year, all my friends graduated and they are sooo happy, but I can't help but feel bad for them. They are going to study for more 4 years just so they can have a monotonous life and die very soon ( 70-80 years is nothing ).

I just don't know...
I'm young, yet so worried.

Reactions: VinsCool

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty content with my life. Things may not always go my way, but nobody's life is perfect. If theres anything I've realized, its that having a positive attitude makes all the difference. If you let yourself get stuck in a rut and don't believe that things will get better, they never will. It's better to have faith in yourself and be optimistic that things will go your way, even if it takes time

Reactions: raystriker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs