What are you reading?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Though a little old, I'm reading Bill Gates' The Road Ahead -second edition-, I'm on the first chapter, but I think there are some interesting ideas there. I don't agree that the second edition actually re wrote a lot of content to focus more on the Internet as the first edition was published on 96. I guess that worked a lot easier than to write a new book.

What about you? what are you reading?

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the last 2 weeks I've read the first 2 Dexter books by Jeff Lindsay, and am half way through the 3rd. Pretty good.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'm out of reading material. When I don't have classes in school I sit in the library and read whatever's on the 'new' shelf. Right now, it's Street Lawyer (god, this sounds cheesy), but I've only read through the first chapter for now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How to fossilize your hamster.
Whatever Pratchett book I trip over
The Art of War (again)
Hagakure (Yamamoto Tsunetomo) (again)
Book of the five rings (Miyamoto Musashi) (again)
Training your Brain, I am not normally one for psychology but this one is good.
Rereading Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

A few other things like cookbooks, books on insults in several languages, science journals, skateboard magazines are scattered around for while I wait for something to extract/download/be repaired.
Assorted books on metallurgy, materials engineering, assembly language (x86, ARM (7 and 9 mainly) as well as general coding) for the whole job thing and because I find it interesting.

Next up is probably something like the Aeneid (or more likely something more contemporary) as I want to get my Latin back on form.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Mark Z. Danielewski - House of Leaves (Re-reading)
Lian Hearn - (fourth book I forgot the title of in the Tales of the Otori)
Tad Williams - Otherland (book 5 in sweden (equals book first-half-of-book-3 in english).

yeah!

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
USAD materials
DemiDec materials
My Notes
frown.gif

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well last half of last year i got interested in reading Terry Pratchett's books i have nearly finished all of the ones out at the moment except a few which my library doesn't have.

At the moment i haven't read much as busy working as its summer holidays here.

Reading at the moment

Strata - Terry Pratchett (Its not that a great book as it was pretty early in his career but its cool to find out about his early concepts of discworld)

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to read quite a lot, but then about 14 months ago I stopped reading as I'd got too much on. Things have quieted down now for me and I'm really getting back into it again. Currently reading Making Money by Terry Pratchett, which I'm really enjoying so far.
After reading that I've got a pile of Robert Rankin books, a book of Edgar Alan Poe stuff to read and then "My Boring-Ass Life: The Uncomfortably Candid Diary of Kevin Smith".

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just finished Diplomatic Immunity, the latest in Bujold's Vorkosigan series. (Very good Sci-Fi series, BTW)

I'm currently listening to Talismans of Shannara, book 4 of the Heritage of Shannara series. I've also been listening to George R. R. Martin's Dreamsongs anthology.

Next on my list is either some of the Gene Wolfe's Long Sun books or Bujold's Chalion (?) series.

I listen to almost all my books. Audio books, when read by the proper voice actor, rock the socks off in-print books.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol