OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, everyone is afraid of something, no matter who they are. So what are you actually afraid of and why?

I'll start this off.

Well, I'm a little afraid of heights, I don't mind planes, just in positions where I'm high up and capable of falling. Like on a roof, ladder, ect. I'm not deathly afraid of it, just get uneasy in such situations. You could say I'm more afraid of falling than the height part itself. I have no idea why exactly, I believe due to some bad childhood experiences.

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spiders, I hate them all and every time I see one I crap myself and don't know what to do. Crushing it would involve getting close to it, getting close to it is imminent death!

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There was a similar topic called "Post your irrational fears" or something.

Anyway, I'm afraid that when I plug in a concent it would short-circuit and burst into flames or electricute me. Actually it happened once, as soon as I plugged in my heater where I was holding the plug sparked and caught on fire; I got a burn which is fully cured now but the trauma is still with me.

I could have been killed but the S.O.B. who owns the heater was more concerned about the heater than my life.

scootmcfly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid of not being able to pay my mortgage. Life gets tougher the older you get.
blink.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Narin said:
Orc said:
I'm afraid that this thread would resurface.
This is an off-topic version then, not a Testing Area one so well, posts need to be more on topic and less joking about fake fears and such.
True, and it's a month old anyway.

I'm afraid of my friends and family getting hurt or in trouble. As for me, I usually don't care, leading to stupid decisions sometimes.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Mooshywooshy said:
Spiders, I hate them all and every time I see one I crap myself and don't know what to do. Crushing it would involve getting close to it, getting close to it is imminent death!
Why are you so afraid of spiders? Most are harmless.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Mooshywooshy said:
Why are you so afraid of spiders? Most are harmless.

Why are most people afraid of snakes even though most are harmless?

I think everyone fears only one thing: Death
Regardless of whether or not the spider/other creature is poisonous or not in reality, in peoples' imagination they all are.

So yeah, if you have an irrational fear, try to link it to death, then use it as an excuse. No one can blame you for being afraid to die.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Narin said:
Well, everyone is afraid of something, no matter who they are. So what are you actually afraid of and why?

I'll start this off.

Well, I'm a little afraid of heights, I don't mind planes, just in positions where I'm high up and capable of falling. Like on a roof, ladder, ect. I'm not deathly afraid of it, just get uneasy in such situations. You could say I'm more afraid of falling than the height part itself. I have no idea why exactly, I believe due to some bad childhood experiences.
Wow. Exactly like me!

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well to be on the serious side
needles freak me out
bugs of all sorts or just like animals with more than 4 legs
um rapers, stalkers, creepy guys
i guess also the one thing many people are scared of:being alone

Joujoudoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm afraid of spiders as well... I'm afraid they will jump on me or something. I know it's an irrational fear, but I read an article that the way spiders look is to instill fear into it's prey, and I know humans not usually it's prey, but the article talked about how spiders give off a feeling of danger.

I am also afraid of heights. When I was 11 or 12 my dad took me on a ferris wheel and kept rocking the seat back and forth, back and forth, and we almost spun all the way around... Backwards. It was the most terrifying experience I had ever had and he was laughing, and he told me nothing would happen, but you hear about people falling off amusement park rides all the time.

The last thing I am afraid of is love... I am afraid of the unknown, and the chance of being heartbroken again. I was engaged when I was 18, until I was 20, and I never want to feel that kind of emotional suffering ever again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c