MegamanDSi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whats gonna happen now that we got the common key for the DSi
are they gonna make a HBC or a Homebrew Loader with an .NDS loader meaning like the Prometheus ISO loader like yeah what gonna happen.

I hope they make an exploit with the free softwares and stuff

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has been covered elsewhere* but the common key does very little for hacking as it stands- it enables further work on the system as we can now decrypt things.
Some people are attempting to find new exploits but that is about it http://dsibrew.org/wiki/DSiWare_VulnList

All this being said the hackers most likely to generate new exploits had it for a while by all accounts so the only people really to benefit from it are those that rip sprites and the like from games.

*I am too lazy to go link hunting right now so the common key allows decryption of code- encrypting it needs other keys. It was only useful as useful as it was on the wii as Nintendo had hosed up other parts of the security- http://debugmo.de/2008/03/thank-you-datel/
The PSP "common keys" by which I assume you mean firmware specific keys were needed to start poking around the firmwares of the time- you could hack the old ones all you liked but Sony switched up and used new keys (after verifying the new keys as they were in turn signed by even higher (lower?- more important either way) level keys). Granted with the leaking of the kirk keys thanks to the PS3 stuff this has changed everything there.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
common key =/= private key

Homebrew channel development for the DSi is rendered impossible for persons that have not downloaded the Sudoko game before Nintendo pulled that software from the DSi shop and applied a patched version.

Please be patient as there will most likely be some other form of hack that may involve a DSi-Mode flash card (like the new Cyclo Evolution) and DSi-exclusive games(Photo Showdown) or DSi-enhanced games (Assassin's Creed II Discovery, Pokemon Black and White, RPG Maker DS, etc.)

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
SABERinBLUE said:
Is there ANY HOPE WHATSOEVER that DSiWare might be playable on a normal DS in the future?
At some point in the future? Sure, I suppose. Not 100% likely, but y'know.

If you really want DSiware...get a DSi + some cash. They're all pretty damn cheap.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See that's the thing. I only want ONE GAME, and that's really hard to justify purchasing an entire system for it when it's literally just a sliiiightly upgraded version of a system I already own.

But it's Shantae, so maybe I'll cave.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
SABERinBLUE said:
Is there ANY HOPE WHATSOEVER that DSiWare might be playable on a normal DS in the future?
On a DS Lite or original, not a chance. They would likely use the extra hardware of a DSi that just doesn't exist in older DS systems.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would eventually probably be possible on a DSi.

There've been numerous attempts. Most have failed. I'm too lazy to type up the IRC conversation log of the one I tested.

Most likely never on a DS Lite/Phat.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I would still say no even with a RAM cart. Extra RAM wasn't the only change between DS and DSi, and I think the RAM cart is slower than system RAM anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)