What are the hardest games you had finished?

ericgobbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you completed ghost&goblin without cheating? I always admire people who could do that!
I do for completing all games with limited lives and continues I never managed to do myself.
Ghosts n' Goblins you need to beat the game two times! And worse, the first play is already hard and the second is even harder! I can't get past the first level without getting game over. At least this game has infinite continues.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wasn't questioning your answer, I was giving my own.

Also I wasn't saying that was the hardest game ever (you can still be wrong with your statement). I was saying none of the other games I've played were that hard in comparison.
Ok.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Ghouls & Ghosts (SNES) ....
Zelda (SNES)
XCOM2 (pc)
Halo in Legendary Mode (Xbox)
BloodBorne(Ps4)
Sekiro(pc)
Demon Souls (ps3)

Ghosts n' Goblins you need to beat the game two times! And worse, the first play is already hard and the second is even harder! I can't get past the first level without getting game over. At least this game has infinite continues.

Ok.
aye you get the end on SNES & they send you back to find a BOSS KEY .. those MF'ers

ericgobbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zelda (SNES)
XCOM2 (pc)
BloodBorne(Ps4)
Sekiro(pc)
Demon Souls (ps3)
Zelda on Snes is not too hard. BloodBorne, Sekiro and Demon Souls by other side are hard as hell.

Zelda (SNES)
XCOM2 (pc)
BloodBorne(Ps4)
Sekiro(pc)
Demon Souls (ps3)

aye you get the end on SNES & they send you back to find a BOSS KEY .. those MF'ers
This is insane.

Reactions: SuperDan

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's see... When going over my list of completed games, I wanna nominate commandos and a virus named Tom.

A virus named Tom is an arcade like game about turning the level green. It starts out fairly okay, but famous up fast. More so : the devs went very creative on level design, making the latter levels insane nightmares on dodging enemies, using other enemies and /or making under pressure.

Commando's is a bit more known. It was one of the pioneers of the stealth genre. It was also insanely hard, with guards being able to spot you from across the map. As with many games, save scrubbing was a thing. But this game was insane even with that in play

Zelda Ocarina of Time on the other hand, I finish it when I was like 10 years old, I know it's not a difficult game, but have in mind that I barely knew english at that age. I finished ALL THE GAME with the aid of a Spanish-English dictionary, literally translating word by word all the dialogs. I guess that helped me learn English.
So the game was hard because this language barrier thing, but I overcame that obstacle and I finished the game.
I still remember my hands shaking when I was escaping Ganon's Tower, and later got a really big surprise when I had to fight Ganon.
Maaaaan... being a child experiencing these games...
Nice one. I appreciate this because I've got a similar story. The game was called LLLL, or leisure suit Larry in the land of the lounge lizards. This was an old Sierra game where you had to input everything. We barely knew English, so friends and me literally played with a dictionary on our lap.
We somehow managed to finish it. So... Never underestimate the power of pure teen boys on their quest to pixelated boobies. :creep:

Even better /worse : this was an adult game, and as a test whether you were 18+ (we weren't even teens) you had four or five multiple choice questions. We had entire pages of questions and possible answers, effectively making entering a game in itself.
... And later we found that there was a shortcut to bypass all these questions.

Reactions: JuanMena

JeffRuLz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished Celeste the other day. C-sides, chapter 9, all achievements, no assist mode. It gave me a small blister on my thumb.
Guitar Hero 3 on expert. I almost have 5 stars on the main setlist, except for Raining Blood.
Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls 1 (Ng+) & 2
Kid Chameleon on Sega Genesis

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice one. I appreciate this because I've got a similar story. The game was called LLLL, or leisure suit Larry in the land of the lounge lizards. This was an old Sierra game where you had to input everything. We barely knew English, so friends and me literally played with a dictionary on our lap.
We somehow managed to finish it. So... Never underestimate the power of pure teen boys on their quest to pixelated boobies. :creep:

Even better /worse : this was an adult game, and as a test whether you were 18+ (we weren't even teens) you had four or five multiple choice questions. We had entire pages of questions and possible answers, effectively making entering a game in itself.
... And later we found that there was a shortcut to bypass all these questions.

I KNOW THAT GAME TOO!

Reactions: Taleweaver

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, a man of culture. :P

But what do people know about Demon's Crest on Super Nintendo? Ghouls N ghost got nothing on that. :blink:

Also, Alien Soldier on genesis. Phantasy star on master system and genesis. :ninja:

Demon's Crest was a game I was very anxious to try when I first saw some screenshots on the Club Nintendo magazine.
Now with the aid of emulators, I tried the game and it fucking sucks.
Might be just me, but fucking sucks.
I was expecting some kind of Megaman & Ghouls'n'Ghosts mix, but no, it fucking sucks.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demon's Crest was a game I was very anxious to try when I first saw some screenshots on the Club Nintendo magazine.
Now with the aid of emulators, I tried the game and it fucking sucks.
Might be just me, but fucking sucks.
I was expecting some kind of Megaman & Ghouls'n'Ghosts mix, but no, it fucking sucks.
Well, it's nothing like mega man or Ghouls N Ghost. Now you know why those red demon guys in ghouls n ghost is so hard. They had hard life of their own. :creep:

Don't forget to thank nintendo for bringing that to virtual console and also SNES nintendo switch online for more people to experience the pain and suffering of the most hated enemy in Ghouls N ghost. :P

upload_2020-4-10_3-12-36.png

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, it's nothing like mega man or Ghouls N Ghost. Now you know why those red demon guys in ghouls n ghost is so hard. They had hard life of their own. :creep:

Don't forget to thank nintendo for bringing that to virtual console and also SNES nintendo switch online for more people to experience the pain and suffering of the most hated enemy in Ghouls N ghost. :P

View attachment 203642
BRAWL BROTHERS DESERVES MORE LOVE.
It's music and gameplay are awesome.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why, but I was just never able to beat pilot wings... or f-zero... or Super Mario 2 Yoshi island. Okay I beat mario yoshi island, but I never got 100 points in every stage cause that's just way too much effort and it wasn't fun trying. Pilot Wings is too hard to control or judge perception and f-zero just seems unfair. The other cars always bop me to death, and I can never stay in the lead long enough no matter what car i picked. :blink:

Reactions: Nobody_Important4u

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Never actually tried it but I hear people find it tough to finish. Everytime I think about that, i confuse it with salt & sanctuary. :ninja:
I had to put it down for a while before I was actually able to beat it.

It's an amazing game, especially if you like Metroidvanias, but it's also hands down the hardest game I've played.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No mention of Hollow Knight?
Probably because it's not hard at all, but that's just my guess:rofl2: Only people who find games like that hard are people who fail to understand what genre the game is in and also fail to adapt to the game's mechanics!

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me... (prepare for asterisks galore)

Aspire Mine********** (Minecraft mining server. **********: Due to poor game design, I couldn't actually finish. Still got to Prestige area, so it counts to me.)

BFDIA 5b (super difficult platformer)

Battle for Ice Cube (Reddit object camp. Was cancelled, but I was never eliminated, so I win by technical forfeiture.)

Doom 2 (used PrBoom 3DS)

Mario Kart: Double Dash 50cc (Second-best Mario Kart game.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...