Hardware What are the emulation possibilities with this laptop?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...3_leopard_013_15_6_gp63_leopard_notebook.html

I like this laptop for the price. I'm getting it mainly for making games but I was wondering how well it could handle emulators. Specifically I'm wondering about Dolphin (for both GC and Wii), CEMU, and RPCS3.

From my research, I should have enough RAM assuming I'm not using more than 8 GB of it while the programs are running and I believe the GTX 1060 has both OpenGL 4.6 and Vulkan support. On top of that, I have 6 i7 cores which is more than enough, even for the PS3 emulator.

I'm new to computers and their specs but theoretically I should be all set right?

Nerdtendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frick yes! I'm glad all that googling paid off in the end. Do you know how hard it is for a guy that has no idea about computer hardware to educate himself?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get yourself a laptop with a gtx 1070 instead if a 1060 it would be even better especially if you want to take advantage of a 120hz display.
I7 is definitely recommended if you want to use rpcs3 but again also recommending a gtx 1070 .
Other than that emulators shouldn't be a problem from Nes to cemu.

Nerdtendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get yourself a laptop with a gtx 1070 instead if a 1060 it would be even better especially if you want to take advantage of a 120hz display.
I7 is definitely recommended if you want to use rpcs3 but again also recommending a gtx 1070 .
Other than that emulators shouldn't be a problem from Nes to cemu.
A GTX 1070 puts laptops a bit out of my price range. I think a 1060 will suffice. Thanks for the heads up though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a