What are the emulation possibilities with this laptop?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Nerdtendo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Nerdtendo
    OP

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...3_leopard_013_15_6_gp63_leopard_notebook.html

I like this laptop for the price. I'm getting it mainly for making games but I was wondering how well it could handle emulators. Specifically I'm wondering about Dolphin (for both GC and Wii), CEMU, and RPCS3.

From my research, I should have enough RAM assuming I'm not using more than 8 GB of it while the programs are running and I believe the GTX 1060 has both OpenGL 4.6 and Vulkan support. On top of that, I have 6 i7 cores which is more than enough, even for the PS3 emulator.

I'm new to computers and their specs but theoretically I should be all set right?

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    That will handle any emulator you throw at it

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N likes this.
  3. Nerdtendo
    OP

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Frick yes! I'm glad all that googling paid off in the end. Do you know how hard it is for a guy that has no idea about computer hardware to educate himself?

4. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    If you can get yourself a laptop with a gtx 1070 instead if a 1060 it would be even better especially if you want to take advantage of a 120hz display.
    I7 is definitely recommended if you want to use rpcs3 but again also recommending a gtx 1070 .
    Other than that emulators shouldn't be a problem from Nes to cemu.

5. Nerdtendo
    OP

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    A GTX 1070 puts laptops a bit out of my price range. I think a 1060 will suffice. Thanks for the heads up though