Homebrew What are the current emulators for switch?

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there are any working emulators for switch of the following systems:

- GameCube.
- 3DS.
- PlayStation
- PlayStation 2
- N64.

If so how to make them work ? Are they homebrow or not? Any extra SD card needed knowing that I use SX.

Thanks

Solution
There aren't any standalone emulators for any of those systems. Retroarch can run half of them which includes Playstation, N64, and 3DS although the last one is Patreon only for now. Gamecube emulation is impossible for HOS, or the Horizon Operating System, but it "runs" on Lakka or Android via Dolphin. You should give up hope on Playstation 2 emulation however.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't any standalone emulators for any of those systems. Retroarch can run half of them which includes Playstation, N64, and 3DS although the last one is Patreon only for now. Gamecube emulation is impossible for HOS, or the Horizon Operating System, but it "runs" on Lakka or Android via Dolphin. You should give up hope on Playstation 2 emulation however.

Solution

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gamecube also "runs" on L4T Ubuntu. From my tests, that's the best performing option, but it's a pain to set up and most games I've tested still don't run at full speed. Only 100% speed game I've played on it is Timesplitters 2. So.. if you want to play that one GC game, it's kind of worth it. Tho it's a long process to set it all up.

Paper Mario should also run at a playable speed, but I've not tested it personally. (playing it in Dolphin VR instead.)

Let me know if you want to set up Ubuntu, I can give you some tips I've learned.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While yes you lose portability I recommend a Wii or Wii U for Gamecube, or PC. Although I think Dolphin is good on some portable devices that are not consoles but I don't have any of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.