Hacking what are the cons and pros of unlinking nands?

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im thinking about doing this. So i can. Use a different theme on each nand. Have no wifi set up on sysnand. And make it so i dont have to unwrap. Yoytube every time etc.

What are the pros and cons of doing this. Will. Doing this make me lose my saves on . Rom and retail ?

What is the point in doing this?

Inflameslol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Idk how it affects current savefiles exactly on used systems (I think carts will be fine as its savefiles arent on the sd) as I did this when I first got my gateway and barely had touched the n3ds. But I dont think there is any cons to unlink them..only pros

If you have eshop content Im pretty sure you'll lose the save & content however you can redownload them from the eshop

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope ive had my. Gateway. For a week or two and my. O3dsxl (9.0) WILE I WAS WAITING FOR MY. Gateway to come in tje mail all i did was play retail carts since i couldnt access the eshop. So i have saves on. Retail like pokemon x and mario 3d land and i know have saves using .3ds. I grabed a fee cia games the other day but havent installed them yet

And im not sure about miiverse i have a mii. I think but i dont think. Ive used miiverse. I dont even remember if i set up an account for eshop. I think i did

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hum, this is an interesting thread.
As I have retails games (like pokemon), when I'll be able to use my gateway for the first time and install emunand, I'll loose my saves?

Thank you for this thread. :)

Reactions: aenoch

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't link your NNID to sysnand. You can just format sysnand and that will unlink it from emunand. You should probably rename the Nintendo 3DS folder before doing the format as it might remove the content linked to your emunand since both end up sharing the same data folder. Once sysnand is formatted it will generate a new folder that's unique to it and it will no longer interfere with emunand.

Note that if you did link your NNID you'll either have to downgrade to 4.x and format or if on a n3DS/2DS, decrypt the fat16 partition of sysnand and delete the contents of the data folder and the movable.sed file. This is effectively the same as doing a system format.

Reactions: Rizzorules

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hum, this is an interesting thread.
As I have retails games (like pokemon), when I'll be able to use my gateway for the first time and install emunand, I'll loose my saves?

Thank you for this thread. :)
Actualy. I own pokemon x. And when i started using gateway. I checked my pokemon cart in classic mode and my save was still there. Im pretty sure if you played the game below firmware 6.0. Ypur save will be corrupted

Really? I thought the pokemon games were some of the only games that did this.
I know mario land 3d saves to tje cart. I got the game used and some one elses save was on it

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
My pokemon X save is under 9.2 firmware, so it should be ok when I install emunand for your point of view? :)

For Monster Hunter I'm owned as it saves on SD I guess.

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do they auto link ? If not then. Then i dont even now how to link them. Im pretty sure they are linked because if i change the theme in one it changes in the other as well as wifi

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you unlink your nands, you won't have to unwrap the cias everytime you start emunand. Also, you can have different internet settings in each nand to avoid accidentally updating.

Reactions: Margen67

aCot+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan
I never had the unwrap bug on my linked nands on my old 3DS. Don't have CN yet so I can't test it on my N3DS.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pokemon X save is under 9.2 firmware, so it should be ok when I install emunand for your point of view? :)

For Monster Hunter I'm owned as it saves on SD I guess.

I transferred my MH4U save from my cart with the GW menu. Pretty sure it saves there.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Im thinking about doing this. So i can. Use a different theme on each nand. Have no wifi set up on sysnand. And make it so i dont have to unwrap. Yoytube every time etc.

What are the pros and cons of doing this. Will. Doing this make me lose my saves on . Rom and retail ?

What is the point in doing this?
You probably won't be able to decrypt emuNAND and dump your own eShop games if you unlink the NANDs. This is a known problem with CTR Multi Decryptor but there is no information as to whether the same problem exists with rxTools, it likely does though.
Additionally, you won't have any of your legit eShop stuff on sysNAND anymore and you'll have to boot into emuNAND even when you just want to play legit eShop purchases.
Other than that, there are no notable disadvantages so if those don't bother you then go ahead and unlink.

If you unlink your nands, you won't have to unwrap the cias everytime you start emunand. Also, you can have different internet settings in each nand to avoid accidentally updating.
You can already have different internet settings, by just filling up the internet connections on the sysNAND with fake ones it won't transfer over settings from emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup