What are the chances of breaking the Wii installing a case mod?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dartdude6, Oct 20, 2009.

1. dartdude6
    OP

dartdude6 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2007
    United States
    I've been wanting to do a case mod for my Wii using this case (the XCM Black knight case) but I'm not a big fan of opening up consoles since I think modchips are a waste of money (Softmods FTW). I've only times I've opened up my game consoles were when I opened up my PS2 to install a fliptop case (For Guitar Hero custom discs) and my original Xbox to install a 500GB Hard Drive to use with XBMC. What are the chances of me breaking my console installing this? I think a black console would look a lot better considering all of my other stuff around it (PS3, PC Speakers, etc) is black. It kinda sticks out, but I'm going to do this if there's a high chance of breaking my console and there's DEFINITELY no way I'm going to buy the official Japanese black Wii console considering I already have a console. Also, where's a good place to buy the case from in the U.S.?

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    your pretty much just unplugging/dismantling the whole wii as long as you plug everything back in and put all the screws back correctly than 0%

3. dartdude6
    OP

Dec 9, 2007
    United States
    Ok then, I think I will order one assuming I can't really screw it up if I follow a tutorial. Where's a good place to buy this case from (XCM ii-case Black Knight)?

4. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    google: buy XCM ii-case Black Knight in usa

5. dartdude6
    OP

Dec 9, 2007
    United States
    Come on, I'm not THAT dumb. What I'm asking is if anybody knows a good and reliable website to buy from in the US? I don't want to be scammed buying a Wii case, I was thinking of buying from Consolesource.com or gp2xstore.com. Are either of these 2 sites good to buy from?

6. duy64

duy64 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2006
    Canada
    Consolesource.com is fine

7. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i can tell you where to get them in australia but not usa http://www.xecuter.com.au/