Hacking What are the chances of 5.5.0 being on Mario Maker disc?

Connell112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Likely? Unlikely?

Has the update come out too close to it's release to appear on the disc version of the game? Or has Nintendo had the update ready for a while?

Thinking in these terms I may just update to 5.5.0 now to regain access to the eShop.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Unlikely, the game probably went gold before Nintendo have sent press review copies/codes.
The only chance to Mario Maker having 5.5.0 update is if Nintendo was holding the public release of this system menu.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
There's literally no way Mario Maker contains the 5.5.0 update. I even doubt that Fatal Frame/Project Zero will have it.

bawzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes me sad is that Nintendo wised up about the kernel hack before Mario Maker was released, since the bulk of it requires online access. Maybe we'll have an emuNAND before too long that will allow online play (like the 3DS).

What makes me happy though, is that people are working on hacking levels for NSMBU.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does it matter? The game will only be worth it if you share levels online and online will require 5.5.
This is true - if you're not going to download the user-made levels, there's probably no point in buying the game. I'm on 5.3.2, but will probably update when I get Mario Maker.

It's not impossible that it will come with 5.5. While the firmware was released recently, they're actually finished a good few weeks before - they have to be throughly tested before being released to the public.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...